Have successfully paired Apple 8GB iPhone with TomTom Go 910

The hands free works. but no data services. so no plus services will work. Also, here's the kicker:

The phonebook portion really works and it ported all 2500 contacts to my TOMTOM!

So now when somebody calls, i actually have a name attached to that number on my tomtom screen!

Wow, that's really cool, especially since you have ported 2500 contacts.

I'm surprised to hear that since the iPhone is so new and it plays nice with the TT910.

You don't waste any time. Good news that it works... I'm thinking of getting an iPhone next year.

Maybe the Plus service issue will get resolved by software updates, either by Apple or by Tom Tom. They're selling the iPhone only with unlimited data packages... so it would be perfect with Plus services.

Great News -- have you tried any of the iPod features -- if they work it would be great

i thought the iphone had gps??

Yeah, you'd think for $600 it would... alas, it does not. Nor does it support A2DP so you can't use stereo Bluetooth headphones. The device has so many shortcomings there was no way I could justify buying one, but thanks to those who did, I can look forward to the better, cheaper 2nd generation device.

ipod features work

Great News -- have you tried any of the iPod features -- if they work it would be great

The iPod control works, but when I plug it in, the iPhone has a message that says this accessory is not made for iPhone and asks me if I want to turn on Airplane mode... I just ignore the message and able to pick tracks, including iTunes Store bought protected music.

There are two big differences between playing music from tomtom hd, or from playing through iPod...

1. the volume is louder from the tomtom hd. so if you REALLY want to crank it up, copy the music to your tomtom instead.

2. when the navigation voice prompts come up, the ipod music is not paused. it just keeps playing through until the navigation voice prompts are finished. This is good if you are singing along to a song, so you will be right where the music is when it comes back up. This is bad if you are listening to an audiobook, or learning a language, you will miss a few seconds of played content.

bluetooth does not automatically pair next time you jump in your car. I pair it once and it works perfectly for that session, but next time the tomtom says "phone not connected" I would have to delete the iPhone from the tomtom and pair again.

Ask a Question