910 Phonebook removal

I have successfully used my 910 and my Nokia 6233 together with phone book downloaded from phone. I recently moved job/house and have a new set of contacts on my phone. When I delete the 910 phone book (it greys out since no records) and then download my new contacts I get my new contacts plus all my old ones back.
Any thoughts please?
I have tried rebooting after deletion before download.
Please help

Bob:confused:

Connect your unit to the computer and use explorer. Located the contacts folder and you will see a text file. Open it and you can edit the contacts there. You can also delete this file and re-sync the new contacts.

Hi Pedro
I did as suggested - I even deleted the .txt file and the contacts folder altogether but when I downloaded my new phone book I got all the old contacts as well.
Is it possible that it is loading from an old backup copy somewhere on the F disk?
Or can yo think of anything else?
I also deleted my other phone connection in case there were some way of pulling contacts in from that downloaded phone book.
Baffled

Bob

This is strange. Try unpairing your phone. It may ask you if you want to keep the contacts. Say no if it does.

My last suggestion is to run the clear flash tool. before pairing the new contacts.

Ask a Question