Warning! TT12nd edition coming with old maps

Bought my TT1 2nd ediition brand new this month at Best Buy. Works fine but I noticed alot of streets in our town were not on it. I found out that the usa/ca map version that is installed on it is not the most current. I called Customer Support and they refused to update this for me even at a reduced rate. I had read that they were updating through a program at one time for 9.00 but it had expired. They refused to give me this update at any reduced price and said the only way for me to get the update was to buy online for about 130.00! What a rip off!! Iwould think that buying a brand new unit should entitle you to the most updated version of maps?? Beware that they apparently could care less. I am going to try to take it back and get my money back and buy another brand. I have heard that the Garmin(spelling??) has better maps anyway.

Very dissappointed in these people!

Bought my TT1 2nd ediition brand new this month at Best Buy. Works fine but I noticed alot of streets in our town were not on it. I found out that the usa/ca map version that is installed on it is not the most current. I called Customer Support and they refused to update this for me even at a reduced rate. I had read that they were updating through a program at one time for 9.00 but it had expired. They refused to give me this update at any reduced price and said the only way for me to get the update was to buy online for about 130.00! What a rip off!! Iwould think that buying a brand new unit should entitle you to the most updated version of maps?? Beware that they apparently could care less. I am going to try to take it back and get my money back and buy another brand. I have heard that the Garmin(spelling??) has better maps anyway.

Very dissappointed in these people!

Even I fell into the same trap, visit my thread https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=3225

Mine is even older! They want me to spend more!

My version is even older! It is 6.0 something. (Its out in my car). These people have the gall to tell me after just spending 300.00 on my new Tomtom, that I should go online and buy the update for over a hundred dollars more! Then, they tried to get me to buy the new versoion 3 coming out!

This was a response from them via email. I also called their Customer Support number and they told me the same thing!. I am going to wwrite to the Better Business Bureau on both them and Best Buy (where I bought it) for selling old outdated merchandise knowingly at new prices.

I will never buy another product from these rip off people again. I live in an area of much new growth and my maps must be over 2 years old?? This is a disgrace.

Opps Im sorry I read too fast.
The TomTom ONE V1 is only in Europe.

Could you verify what map version you have?
Click here to learn how to check.

Me Too

I noticed the same thing with a TomTom one V2 from Frys in IL, I now have a TomTom One XL and it has the most recent maps.

John

old maps

This is avery fast growing area and I know someone who has the upgrade and there is a big differrence here in our area.

Regardless, I am not happy with Tomtom at all. I have wasted 300.00 on something that has an update especially for my area that I need. Tomtom needs to remember that they are not the only ones in the GPS business anymore. I hope they get what they deserve. Never again!

The very confusing part of that guaruntee is that support has mentioned it is only for the 520/720 units. Others have said they were able to get it...

Reply to update check

There is no such certificate in my box. They will do nothing either. I really dislike this company now.

Ask a Question