voices

how do i get downloaded voices to work on my 700 i download them on to it when i look for them on the tomtom in change voices i cant find them

Hello and welcome!
When selecting your voice, your unit will ask if you want to select only english voices, YOU MUST SELECT NO.
Custom voices are considered non english. scroll through the list and you will see it.

there still not there if i plug my tomtom in to the computer and go to the voices on it the voices are in that folder but if i go to change voices on tomtom there not there

What do you mean by when you plug your tomtom into the computer and you go to voices?
Are you talking about seeing the files in the voices folder or you see the voices when you use virtual tomtom?

col72,

Did you unzip the files into the voices folder?

Do they each have 3 files? .vif .chk and .bmp?

And have you checked that the voice name/numbers are not conflicting with some already installed ones?

BTW Pedro, it is possible to have custom voices recognised as being English (or any other language). You just need to edit the .vif file. Compare it to the pre-installed versions!

what mean is when i plug my tomtom in to computer and go to start my computer and select tomtom hard drive then open voices i can see the voices there but when i unplug it and go to change voices i cant find them and when it ask just to see english i press no

Ask a Question