USB Question

Hi,

Just got my tomtom 700 and realized that I actually have to BUY maps for it! Anyway, tried to connect the USB to run tomtom home ( http://www.tomtom.com/plus/service.php?ID=17&l=4) . However, my Windows XP does not see the tomtom. Is this a driver issue? Has anyone had this problem? Do I need to download driver? If so, where do I download?

Thanks,
Kevin:eek:

it should see it as a USB drive... Do you have an SD-Card? You might need to put that in first... (I don't have a 710 so I'm not sure)

power the unit on first, then plug in the usb. the unit should ask if you want ot connect to the PC, say yes, then the PC should pick it up.... try that?

When you connect it to your computer, are you turning it on? It needs to be turned on, and you may have to go to device->change device. Does it recognize your 700 doing this?

power the unit on first, then plug in the usb. the unit should ask if you want ot connect to the PC, say yes, then the PC should pick it up.... try that?

Thanks. It worked :D
I had the unit off, cable hooked-up to unit and pc -- didn't work
your approached -- worked.

Thank you very much

-k.

Thanks,

One more question. I know the answer, but I am going to ask any way.

So, I pay several hundred for toy and then I have to buy the map too? Is this correct? There is no free-bee ?

thanks

you are the fisrts I've heard of that... where'd you buy it? My ONE came with guam and USA_CANADA

you also MAY be eligeble for a free MAP DVD upgrade... go to tomtom.com and check your (non-existant) map version to see if you qualify.

we can help you with that too, but we'd need you to start another thread for that please. (Trying to follow the rules that were never enforced). :)

I should've been clear on this. It says there is new map version and I have to buy the updated version.

So the 700 came with v660.XXX probably? The newest map out now is v665.1293. I believe you can order it for $6 through March, but you'll have to check on tomtom.com for your specific device. Good luck!

Yep.. you qualify (probably) for the free map. you just pay shipping. I used to host a download-able version of the DVD but TomTom (Corp) asked me to cease and disist... sorry you'll have to wait for your DVD. :(

Ask a Question