Two TomTom 910s in the same family!

TomTom Model(s)
Go 910
So I just got another 910 for my better half and was wondering if I need to worry about hooking it into the same computer and same TomTom Home as my original device's? Will it think that both are the same? How can I sync up the two so that they match? POIs.. Favorites... Do I have to use separate machines?

Connecting the second 910 to the same computer with HOME shouldn't be a problem you just need to create a new account (new email address) for the new 910.

As far as syncing, no such function. If you want to have transfer your favourites you can either copy the mapsettings.cfg file from your map folder and copy that to the map folder of your second 910. The other way is make your favourite a POI category, copy that to your computer using HOME, and when you connect your second 910, copy the favourites POI to it.

Thank you for the response.

Ok, so I need a new Email address different from my "real" one that is already linked to my first 910? Like a Yahoo account?

Connecting the second 910 to the same computer with HOME shouldn't be a problem you just need to create a new account (new email address) for the new 910.

As far as syncing, no such function. If you want to have transfer your favourites you can either copy the mapsettings.cfg file from your map folder and copy that to the map folder of your second 910. The other way is make your favourite a POI category, copy that to your computer using HOME, and when you connect your second 910, copy the favourites POI to it.

This is where I think that TomTom has dropped the ball just a bit. They really need to have a way to link accounts on their site so multiple TT in a family can sync between them.

Ask a Question