TT1v3, no SD Slot?

So, I purchased a TT ONE v.3 yesterday at Wal-Mart, and so far I'm liking it very much. Of course, me being me, as soon as I got home I began looking into how to modify and personalize it. Looking at various websites, they all seem to mention working with SD cards... My TT doesn't have an SD slot.

I've found other references to TT ONE v.3 that DO have SD slots, but there just isn't one to be found on my model. Initially, I was looking forward to upgrading the storage and installing a media player, but the internal memory was almost full out of the box, and there's just no room for anything else.

Am I out of luck? Why do I see it advertised on the web as having an SD slot? I really like the unit, but I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get what I thought I was paying for.

EDIT: I think I answered my own question. Apparently "Version 3" and "Third Edition" are not the same thing (which is irritating, as some sites seem to use the terms interchangeably). So... yeah, nevermind.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the confusion. The ONE came out with two 2nd editions.
One edition came with maps on the SD card and the other came out without one and was built in. When connected to the computer, it stated it was the V3 or even the V4 which cause much confusion within the community.

Other members also want to upgrade. They have returned the Third Edition for the previous model.

Ask a Question