TT XL + itinerary planning / Tyre - wtxxx!

TomTom Model(s)
TT XL
Hi

I just purchased a TT XL yesterday - asked the salesrep on advanced planning (didn?t know yesterday that it was called "Itinerary Planning").
I specifically asked about planning routes via eg Google earther or another program with multiple points(like 150 points), and then sending it to the unit. He said the XL worked with that in combination with TT Home for this function - "its a great piece of software".
However me running home, disappointed, as its only a a-b unit?!.

Furthermore I now understand that my TT XL doesn?t have itinerary planning capabilities.
So what to do...
Can I make adjustments to my unit so it works? I read that there are some older software that works for the TT one - does the same software apply for the XL?

Any replies are welcomed - also telling me that I?m an as.. listening to a young salesman :)

Regards

Just checked the device via Home:

Connected device: "TomTom XL"
Later it says: "Device version: ONE XL (v9) - so the one and the xl is the same?

ok - thanks.
Back to the org. question:

Does any TT unit allow me to plan a big route of 150-200 or more points. No calculation needed as I want to do everything by myself via Tyre or another program and then upload it.
If not possible via TT is there another device/model/make that does that?

Itinerary planning using TomTom allows for only 48 points per itinerary. To accomplish what you want, you'd need to create multiple itineraries where the destination point for one itinerary is the starting point for the next.

ok, thats a good solution - thanks.

Do you have any knowledge on the TT XL being able to do itinerary planning?

Thanks for the answer - but how can it?
I have the v2 and I see no signs in the menu of this function - or is the function hidden somewhere?

those different units, versions etc. are hard to keep track of - I believe I have the TT XL,v2.

I found that my device do have itinerary planning! I dont know if it came after an update (I believe so) but fact is that I have it now and can use Tyre!
Thanks to all for the help

I thought
ONE XL (and XL-S) is the 1st version, V1
ONE XL 130/330 (and 130s/330s) is the 2nd, V2
ONE XL 140/340 (and 140s/340s) is the 3rd, V3.

I thought
ONE XL (and XL-S) is the 1st version, V1
ONE XL 130/330 (and 130s/330s) is the 2nd, V2
ONE XL 140/340 (and 140s/340s) is the 3rd, V3.

I swore I read that the reason to create the XL 330's and 340's is to disassociate the XL models from the ONE models. Many reports I have read state that the XL 330 was to created to replace (to be come the successor) the ONE XL, and was no longer a ONE model. I read this in GPS world plenty of times.

The 340 is also not a ONE model. According to GPS world, and TomTom, the XL is sort of its own line now which is why they call it the TomTom XL

Sounds better but XL/s was still 1st, then XL 330/s then its next gen is XL 340/s.
I like this better than calling V1, V2, V3, which is very confused.

If you look at the internal coding, all the ONE models have a v1, v2, etc. You can see this in the ttgo.bif file.

What's more problematic is that the external branding is different. The ONE v3 was sold as the ONE Second Edition in the US, and the ONE V6 was sold as the ONE Third Edition in the US.

The ONE V5 was the original ONE-XL - the first to have a larger screen.

Eventually Tomtom changed their branding, and decided to call the small screen models simple a ONE, and the large screen models simply an XL.

So we get the 2008 ONE 130, and XL 330. And we get the 2009 ONE 140, and XL 340. I believe there continues to be an internal numbering scheme, we could be up to ONE V11 by now. But I haven't checked in a while.

Ask a Question