TT Route finder issues.

TomTom Model(s)
Go720
I have a Go720 but this may apply across the board.

When planning a simple route from Clarksville, TN, to Leavenworth, KS, my TT route planner says there is a toll road. If accepting the toll road route I get a route that seems to be OK but I believe the only toll road route along the whole trip leads southwest out of Kansas City and Leavenworth is to the northwest so you should really miss the toll road, I believe. But, the rub I found is, if not accepting the toll road option you get sent from Clarksville up to Kentucky and over US highways instead of the Interstate, the correct route.

Would other forum members confirm this and how/who do you report this issue/problem to.

larry

I have a feeling whoever programmed the TT was either very frugle or they hated toll roasds. I'm not sure about your specfic route but I can tell you the only trouble I ever had with my TomTomXL was that it seemed to worry about toll roads all the time. Even after I had told it not to worry about toll roads, it would ask me about toll roads when I was driving. I turned off "ask about toll roads" permantly in the preferences and the TomTom XL seems to work a lot better. Also, think about it, when in the US are you ever better not taking toll roads? I know in the East, there really isn't a good way to travel long distances without using toll roads.

Ask a Question