TT missed giving me turn instr.

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom XL-335TM; Map 935.5811
I have a TT 3rd edition that I've had for over 2 years (thinking of upgrading to XXL-540TM WTE ) . Yes, the map is out of date – but the map is correct where TT missed giving me turn instructions.

Background...

I was traveling south on I-75 in Georgia coming into Macon, GA and had a route planned to take I-16 near Macon, GA and head SE to Savannah, GA. I have my TT set to show the next street on the top my display. As I'm coming into Macon, I noticed that it said I-95 was my next turn and NOT I-16 like I expected to see. I never got the turn instruction to turn onto (or bear right onto) I-16. I took the turn and TT correctly showed me as being on I-16 after a bit. My next turn at the top of the screen was correctly showing as being I-95. I'm wondering if there was a bad map correction along the way? Anyone else experienced this in Georgia?

Below are some images.

This first one is a Google map of the area where you can see the interchange of I-75 and I-16. Note also the name of the highway is 404 and Jim Gillis Historical Pkwy.

GoogleMapofMacon.jpg

The next image is a screen dump of my TT where you see my route highlighted in green taking I-16 from I-75.

Macon-GA.jpg

The last image is a screen dump of me driving on I-16. Unfortunately my compass is blocking out the I-16 label, but you can see 404EB and the highway name shown to show I'm on the right road and that TT knows where I am. :rolleyes:

I-16.jpg

Anyone else in GA area experienced this? If I need to make a map correction not sure how to do this one. Very strange.

Last edited:
I have a similar problem with the Left turn from Richmond Blvd onto Old Nichols Rd, in Ronkonkoma, NY. It reality, it is a Left turn, not a merge. The correct path is shown on the "browse map," but the voice does not announce a turn, nor does it ever mention "old nicholls rd," and the turn isn't shown in the status bar, nor is it shown when I "browse as text," "browse images" or "show route demo."

It mentions the next turn on my route after Old Nicholls Rd, but completely neglects Old Nicholls Rd, as if Richmond Blvd and Old Nichols Rd were one road, which they are definitly not.

Ask a Question