How do I know that I missed the turn?

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One V4
Hi,

I am enjoying TT1 for a week now. How do I know that I have missed a turn? Is there an option to have voice notification for the missed turn?

Thanks in advance,
Ponns.

It will just recalculate your route and start telling you your next turn. It's pretty fast.

I've noticed that if it's in the middle of speaking a turn and I blow by it, the TT will stop speaking and recalculate. It's noticeable too, "Turn ri..."

fun

I tried to really test mine , in an area with a turn- about, (one of those circle deals) and two other alternates within 1/4 mile, guess who won, TomTom 510, couldn't confuse it at all,

with all the directions, it is hard to miss your for real, but with traffic and passengers you could.

I'm not sure I would want it to tell me I missed a turn. Might get flustered or something (haha).

AFAIK, there is no audible cue specifically for missing a turn. The only ways are if you catch the voice command in the middle of announcing the turn, or if you see on the screen that is recalculating.

"Recalculating"

I think it is a benefit not having notification of a "missed" turn... the Garmon units give you a audio message "Recalculating" which can be really annoying especially if you are purposely choosing to deviate from a planned route for some reason. I say, thanks for not telling me I missed a turn!

Ask a Question