TT Carminat Live-Itinerary

TomTom Model(s)
Carminat TT Live
I would like get your help to create an Itinerary offline to put on the device.
-I tried with TYRE, and although I was able to move the *.itn file to the "itn" directory on the SD card, when I am on the device the Itinerary doesn't show up to load it.
-I then tried to create a simple itinerary with the device itself, and it works, I see it and able to load. Strange thing is "*.itn" file is not in the "itn" directory of the card. TT support says it is in the loopdir, but didn't explain to me how to work offline to have an itinerary working in the device.
-I also tried to use TYRE to create an *.ov2 file with the same name of the itinerary and put in the "map" directory, but it didn't work either.

May you please help ? I would appreciate. Thanks
GB

Well, an itinerary, however created, should generate an .itn file and it should go into the itn folder on the device.

Then you should get to it by Itinerary Planning-->Load Itinerary and see a list of itineraries you have on the device.

A custom .ov2 file should definitely go into the specific map folder on your device, along with an associated .bmp file if you have one. The prefix for both files must match EXACTLY in that they are case sensitive, etc.

Yes, it is what I did, but it doesn't show up in Load Itinerary as I described.

And the file DOES end in .itn????

Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds unless that model has a dedicated reset hole.

I then tried to create a simple itinerary with the device itself, and it works, I see it and able to load. Strange thing is "*.itn" file is not in the "itn" directory of the card.

Are you able to find that file anywhere on the unit or SD card?

I checked the SD Card. There is a directory named "loopdir" with a file/partition called ext3_loopback. I used explore2fs to have a look; inside it there is "directory" "itn" with the *.itn files I created thru the device; those *.itn are those I can load. Besides, those files are not in the SDCard/itn directory. On the other side the *.itn files I created with TYRE are put in the SDCard/itn directory but I can't see them to load. May I should find the way to import them in loopdir/ext3_loopback. Many thanks for any advice.

Interesting.... That's the second time recently that we've found TT messing about with the "normal" folder/file structure on the manufacturers' built-in systems.

We'd be keen to see if you can find a way to write to the loopdir/ext3_loopback/itn directory.

Ask a Question