Deleting Inbox messages on Carminat TT Live

TomTom Model(s)
Carminat Live
I recently renewed my Live Services sub but I still have three old messages in my Inbox advising that my sub is about to expire. Anyone know how I can delete these? (Model is Carminat TT Live as fitted in Renault Laguna 2011.)

No I wish it was that simple. No, this is an Inbox which is only accessible from the Carminat in the car. There is a menu item *Read Inbox Messages* but no item to enable deletion of same. Any ideas?

I don't have a Carminat, but on my ordinary TomToms you go to Main menu / Mobile Phone/ Phone Preferences / Delete and you than get a list of things you can delete. Inbox messages is one of them.

Thanks for that but not available on the Carminat. I phoned TT Customer Support and they advise these messages will auto-delete after about a month! I did a Factory Reset and that seems OK for now but not a satisfactory solution. Some type of Firmware Update to add a menu item *Delete Inbox Messages* would be best.

Is this ONLY messages from TomTom, or does it also have text messages from your phone?
Not being able to delete those might be VERY embarrassing for some people!

Yes, messages from TomTom only. I renewed my Live Services sub on 26th Sept but my new expiry date is 10th Oct 2013 so they seem to have given me 14 days extra free!:)

Last time I renewed my 740 Live, it did the same thing. It's not exactly as though you 'renew' the subscription, they start another one. For that reason, you're still being warned about the old one even though you have the new one in place already. No linkage from old to new. Odd way to do business, but we've grown accustomed to it.

Ask a Question