Trip from IL to MN...any advice?

TomTom Model(s)
One
Hello all,

It's almost time to take tomtom on the road as I'll be travelling from Chicago to the Mall of America in Minnesota in a few weeks. Any advice on what I should make sure I have on the tomtom before I go (3rd party apps, etc...)? I'm also concerned that I won't have enough POIs along my route (IL to Wisconsin to Minnesota) as much of the stuff I've added was local.

Thanks in advance!

the poi.dat file does have a lot in it. you just have to do a search for what you are looking for instead of having preconfigured POIs. you can however, just turn on a POI that you are getting ready to nav to then shut it down when you are done for the time being.

Example, it's been 2 hours so better turn on the Rest area POIs... Or You're getting hungry, turn on restaurant POIs... (what I did when I went from NH to Niagara Falls was just have my wife search for a place we wanted to eat at and i temporarily Nav'd there. Then when we were done eating just recalculated original route.

Tripmaster would be fun to have on a long trip to...

Enjoy!

Ask a Question