Traveling via a particular road?

Hi TomTom users! I received a XXL 530 for Christmas, and I'm a newbie to GPS entirely. I'm not sure if this is a TomTom question or just general GPS knowledge.

How do I navigate to a destination using a particular road? For example, I'm in New York, and when I travel upstate I want to use the NY State Thruway instead of taking the other roads it suggests, even if it isn't exactly the most direct route. At the very least, I'd like to know the best way to get from my house to the nearest entrance to the Thruway.

I'm thinking that the solution is somewhere in the Via function, but I can't direct the route to the Thruway because I don't know how to tell the TomTom to find it... The Thruway doesn't exactly have an address because it's just a road. How do I get my GPS to point me in the right direction?

With choose alternate, one option is 'point on map'. You can select the highway there, I think.

Ask a Question