Traffic avoidance

I have raised this once again with a Tomtom support ticket. this is what I wrote, I hope it makes sense to the support assistant.

"When I have a route planned in the Go app and there is a traffic hold up I click on the minute number icon and select Avoid but the route remains the same without avoiding the traffic jam. I understand that I may already be on the fastest route but like to avoid traffic even if it means it takes a bit longer. This function works fine on the Rider 550 but not in the Go App."

Deos that read OK?
Experience tells me that if there is any way to misunderstand something they will find it.

The latest reply.

Thank you for the reply, Rae.

We are committed to resolving it promptly. Our technical team is actively investigating the problem, including reviewing previous updates to pinpoint the issue and implement the necessary fix.

Warm regards,
AK
TomTom Customer Support

I wont hold my breath

Strange for me, does the avoid function work?

When you click on “avoid” is a gray trace displayed in addition to the current trace?

Is your route planning not a route you have saved?

It's saved routes, unsaved routes, routes I haven't even thought of yet. The "avoid" option just doesn't work.

I told them that it has worked fine in the past and suggested they look at previous updates which they are now doing.

Ask a Question