TomTom XL green screen, freezes, not able to uninstall firmware.

Hi everyone i'm new. Usually I am very good at fixing my own problems and usually good at searching online for help but for this I can't seem to find the right answers for my problem.

I have a new TomTom XL and I hooked it up for the first time to update it with everything. Then I go to disconnect it (the right way) and when I unplugged it, it turns into a green screen. I hold down the power button for about 20 seconds and it shuts off. I turn it back on and it's just stuck at the opening screen. I plug it back in to my computer and this is the error message I get.

Code:
ERROR: HomeBase/IO: Error reading file: G:\ttgo.bif
@ .\portable\cfile.cpp(1938)

in .\portable\cfile.cpp:1938
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/logic/errorListener.js:16
                error(e);
1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:382
            func();

Time: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 03:59:34 GMT

So apparently the ttgo.bif file is corrupted or cant be read. I tried to follow the directions on the TomTom site, to uninstall the firmware and re-install it but everytime I try to do anything on the TomTom Home, it just shuts down every time. Now I am able to go into my TomTom through my computer as a removable Storage and view all the files. Not sure if I can do anything through that.

Is there anyway that I can fix this? I would appreciate anyone's help. Thanks in advance.

Use Explorer to delete all the loose files on your unit, NO folders or their contents.

Now, connect your unit to the computer and start Home. It should offer an application to download and install. Accept it, install it and see if that helps.

Ask a Question