TomTom went wonky

TomTom Model(s)
ONE 125
I drove to back Ohio from Florida on Saturday. My TomTom One worked fine on the way down, but on the way back there was a long streach when it went totoally screwey. There were some segments when it lost the signal totally, and a lot of other times when it showed me way off of the interstate - either on another road or in the middle of nowhere. My favorite was the speed it showed - while on the interstate I was evidently swigning from 16 MPH to 164 MPH.

I was coming through West Virgina at the time, and was going through the mountains. The only thing I can figure (other than an issue with my unit) is that maybe the satelites were low on the horizon and the mountains were in the way? But I thought there were enough satelite options that something like that shouldn't be an issue.

I've also noticed the last couple of days that it seems to be taking it a long time to find a satelite signal, despite that I just downloaded GPSFix when I got home on Sunday.

Any ideas on what might be going on here?

Ask a Question