Tomtom V4 little issue

TomTom Model(s)
Tomtom one XL
Hey,
Gps newbie here with a quick question. My tomtom one xl is taking up to couple minutes to find the satellites. When I first got the device a few weeks ago, it could connect very quickly (10-15 secs). Now, sometimes i have to press the screen and scroll through some preferences before it will find its location. Could this be due to extra poi's installed on my device. Also, I think I went a little poi happy a week ago and installed a bunch of poi files on my device. Some of these I need to delete because they are for a different location in the country from where I am. Could these extra files, or possibly a bad file be the problem?
Thanks very much everyone-

Same problem here....did quickGPS fix and didn't help. Also formatted and reinstalled original backup on the tomtom and didn't help

view my thread here....i'll subscribe to this one and the first to get an answer post it up.

weirdest crap ever....just started her up and she found the GPS in seconds.

About 15 minutes later did the same thing in the same location and it took 5 minutes.

I am confused!

Hey Pedro...I forgot to mention that my problems spontaneously resolved. Nothing I did fixed it, just magically things were better. I want to think it was a satellite problem or something similar.

Nope not for me. Not one time since the week or so of craziness. Boy and I glad because TomTom almost got returned!

Ask a Question