TomTom Server Issue??

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920 T
Hi All-

I've come across an issue now for the second year in a row that is odd...and am wondering if others have seen this too. I have a GO 920T, and use the RDS-TMC traffic service...which has been wonderful. However, when it comes time to renew my traffic subscription, I encounter a server error. Some background:

I've encountered the problem for two years in a row. I'm using the very latest version of TomTom Home on a MacBook Pro laptop. I've been able to successfully download all other types of updates (i.e. Mapshare, application updates etc.) over the years, except for RDS-TMC subscription file for some reason. TomTom Home attempts to reach TomTom's file server, and gets an internal server error. Here's the error log dump:

ERROR: -500/#http://home.tomtom.com/download/rds...srec=74760&rdsexp=-2129986&rdsdev=AK9A2CAEVE: Error from server: Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
Error code: HTTP 500
URL: http://home.tomtom.com/download/rds...dsrec=74760&rdsexp=-2129986&rdsdev=AK9A2CAEVE
Additional information: info = [object]
info.method = [string] GET
info.resumeOffset = [number] 0
info.resumeDownloadEnabled = [boolean] false
info.entityID = [string]
info.file = [string] /Users/TGould/Documents/TomTom/HOME/Downloads/complete/rdstmcsubscription/USA___Canada_RDS-TMC_traffic_service__1_year_subsc-17/rdstmcsubscription.cab
info.metaFile = [string] /Users/TGould/Documents/TomTom/HOME/Downloads/temp/22b7e8d7485ff048773413147feeee95.tmp.meta
info.tempFile = [string] /Users/TGould/Documents/TomTom/HOME/Downloads/temp/22b7e8d7485ff048773413147feeee95.tmp

Severity: 1105
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/logic/netutil.js:97
return new ServerError(responseStatusText, -responseStatusCode, aChannel.URI.spec, undefined, additionalInfo);
1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/downloader.js:363
exception = NetUtil.isRequestSuccess(this._channel, aStatus, this._getRequestInfo());

Time: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 19:43:08 GMT

Remember, I'm able to download all other files from TomTom's server without a problem, except for this very small subscription update file.

I've spent the last day and a half on the phone with TomTom support, as I did last year at this time discussing the very same issue. The resolution was, and is again this year, having them send me a new RDS-TMC receiver which will have the subscription already renewed on it. This can be considered a temporary workaround, but I'll be back on the phone with them next year doing the same thing I'll bet. My question to everyone is: Has anybody else encountered problems trying to renew their RDS traffic subscription and also had the error I'm getting in trying to download the file from their server??

Hello,

I have a very similar issue with my Tomtom One 3rd edition. I'm trying to purchase a new map and quarterly updates. When I tick the "I've read the terms and conditions..." and press the confirm order button I get a very similar message. TomTom Support suggested switching off my (windows) firewall and checking the firewall on my router (I made sure inbound and outbound traffic could get through). Predictably, this made no difference and yes, I've always been able to do the other normal updates etc.

I'm now waiting for a solution...

hi

I apologize, I just went and checked, my boss upgraded the firewall here over the weekend and it's not only blocking my downloads but not even warning me that it is doing so. Thank you for your looking into this and I really hope that you didn't waste too much time checking on this, once again sorry to have bothered you and thank you for your help. Now to circumvent the firewall.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question