TomTom RDS-TMC Traffic cable/connection

TomTom Model(s)
720 go
Anyone know what the barrel connection (4V00.083) is on this? I'd like to build/find and extension to run this to my rear window.. Thanks

The connector is a rather bespoke six pole socket and not something I have ever managed to find available for sale from anywhere. There are four contacts on the center pin and two additional contacts on the inner face of the outer barrel.

If you want better reception consider splicing the aerial wire to the cars FM aerial which is fairly easy to do, put a small ceramic disk capacitor inbetween the TomTom aerial wire and the cars aerial center core to block any DC voltage from damaging the TomTom products or the car stereo.

Have a read through This where I detailed some instructions on making a coupling cable to join the RDS receiver to the car aerial feed, this reduces the cables in the car making for a much neater installation and improves reception considerably - Mike

Ask a Question