TomTom One XL & AT&T BlackBerry 8300 (Curve)

Hello,

I have tried numerous times to connect my Tomtom One XL to my AT&T BlackBerry 8300 (Curve) for wireless services without success. What settings do I need to enter?

I have read through articles on BlackBerryForums.com and TomTomForums.com. No luck.

- I can establish a BlueTooth connection between my TomTom One XL and my AT&T BlackBerry 8300
- I am connected to a BES (through my company).
- I have experience using my BlackBerry 8300 as a tethered modem for my laptop (Windows XP) across AT&T's GPRS/EDGE mobile network so I have a reasonable understanding of this system. My understanding is that the TomTom One XL wireless services make use of the BlackBerry 8300 wireless access in a similar way (via BlueTooth instead of a physical tether).

BlackBerry 8300 is not listed in the Tomtom One XL phone listing (only BlackBerry 8100) is. I tried using BlackBerry 8100 instead but this did not work.

My BlackBerry 8300 is running v4.2.2.89 on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES). My TomTom One XL is running 7.162 and OS 2327.

Is there a reference document that lists all the settings for a AT&T BlackBerry 8300 (Curve) and TomTom One XL wireless connection?

Thanks,
Ben

I have also tried a variety of manual settings, an example is provided below:

wap.cingular
username:
password: CINGULAR1
Number Dialed: *99#
Initialization String: +cgdcont=1,"IP","WAP.CINGULAR":

Always fails after 65% of the installation process. So, still no luck. :(

Any advice appreciated.

I have also tried a variety of manual settings, an example is provided below:

wap.cingular
username:
password: CINGULAR1
Number Dialed: *99#
Initialization String: +cgdcont=1,"IP","WAP.CINGULAR":

Always fails after 65% of the installation process. So, still no luck. :(

Any advice appreciated.

I think I saw someone mention one of the Bluetooth settings was changed to 'discoverable' (or something close) to get passed the 65% problem.

Ask a Question