TomTom One XL (340TM) problem

I purchased this gps from amazon and received it yday..I immediately set it up and updated the tomtom home..after that I tried to update the gps..the latest map and gps fix was downloaded to my computer but I got an error during the installation..cnt remember the exact error but it was regarding copying some file on the device..so after that I backed up the gps..did soft reboot and went to bed..today when I started the gps..it is telling me "NO MAPS FOUND" so I searched for the map and it is 1.6gb on my computer but on site from where all of us can manually download its only 850mb..I checked the space on my tomtom using home and it is sayin that no free space available..

37988649.png

but when I check by right clicking on the device and its properties it is tellling me tht it has 771mb free..
123jw.png

I perform an error disk check and here is the report..

capturebi.png

also as it has lifetime maps and traffic..I tried to activate my code and it gave me following error:

The activation code you entered is valid but the associated product doesn't work with your device type or with the version of the application you have installed on it. Please install the latest version of the device application by clicking 'Update my device' in the main menu. Then enter your activation code again.

Please help me out guys..its the first GPS of my life and I am having a hard time with it :mad:

also I have all the files in my tomtom mentioned here:

No Maps Found

except the map..:(

and if i try to update the device now, it is telling me "YOUR DEVICE ALREADY HAS THE LATEST MAPS"

Last edited:
Thank you my friend..it really helped me a lot..I followed the steps exactly..but now it is giving me an error "YOU CANNOT USE THIS MAP ON THIS DEVICE: USA_CANADA_and MEXICO_P-261"

:(

Ask a Question