TomTom One and Blackberry 8100 on T-Mobile

I know this has been beaten to death, but my issue is a little odd and I think I'm overlooking something simple, yet eluding.

When I first purchased my One, I had almost no trouble getting it to connect via my BB 8100. A few weeks later, I lost my BB 8100 and have since replaced it. With this new BB, I am unable to connect. I've also tried another BB at the tmobile store (as well as another tomtom one at Fry's).

I've tried every combination of at+cgdcont=1,"ip","wap.voicestream.com" and *99#

I've tried different cases, tried *99***1#, tried the above without the leading "at"... And yes, wap.voicestream.com is setup as the APN on the BB. (advanced/tcp settings).

Any insight or ideas????? Please ;)

Does anyone know if there is a way to enable logging on either device to see the what's going on during the bluetooth conversation?

Actually, Internet2.voicestream.com ,Internet3.voicestream.com, and wap.voicestream.com are ALL valid AP's on t-mobile. First thing you can try is all three of those, different ones seem to work for different people.

*99# is the correct "dun" setting.
Login = blank
PW = blank
IP adress's should be chosen to be configured automaticly when asked.

Now supposedly TomTom will not work with a "wap" connection such as "T-zones" you must have "FULL" internet access ($30.00 i think) plan which if you have BB im sure you do. Here is the thing though, i have been informed by t-mobile that even there "internet" plan is not completely unrestricted and i think this is why t-mobile customers have issues with the traffic updates. According to tomtom you must have a full unrestricted internet connection for plus services to work. T-mobile told me there is an entire list of things you cannot acess with there internet. All i know is i am pissed i cant get my traffic to work on my samsung t-629 with tombile either. Hope that gives you SOME insight.

Last edited:

Ask a Question