Data Services - Blackberry 9700 & TomTom GO 630

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
I have searched everyone and no answer still.

I am attempted to get Data services for my Blackberry 9700 on my TomTom GO 630.

I have reviewed the Phone Compatibility site and it is showing that my BB is compatible.

I have ensured that Phone connection is on the device and it's version 15.

I need help.

Carrier: Rogers Wireless Canada

APN: internet.com
Username: wapuser1
Password: wap
DHCP: auto
DNS: auto
Dial: *99#
Login Script: (tried the default, left blank and without the "at+")

Please help !!!

People have had lots of issues with 9000-series Blackberries. I wouldn't be surprised if the Blackberries have some compatibility issues.

In any case, have you tried the settings here? They're a bit different from yours.

What screen and what %complete is it failing on? That sometimes can provide us with some clues.

Last edited:
People have had lots of issues with 9000-series Blackberries. I wouldn't be surprised if the Blackberries have some compatibility issues.

In any case, have you tried the settings here? They're a bit different from yours.

What screen and what %complete is it failing on? That sometimes can provide us with some clues.

Hello mvl and thank you for the reply.

Yes I have tried thoses settings in the BBFAQ as well (I also tried the guest login and MMS services login).

It fails at 65%

Your help is greatly appreciated.

--Phil

If I remember right, 65% means that the Tomtom was able to connect to the server. Whenever I had bad settings, I would error out at 55 or 60%.

Do all the apns error at 65%? If only one of them errors at 65%, that that's probably the right one.

Another thought: is the blackberry set to automatically trust all requests from the Tomtom?

I've never seen a 9000-series blackberry work on this forum, so I really thing there is a bug somewhere in the bb software.

Ask a Question