TomTom Home Voice Problem

TomTom Model(s)
Tomtom One XL-S
Every time I access my One XL-S on TT Home, when I re-start the unit after disconnecting, it says 'no voice selected' and I have to reselect the voice (in my case Susan).

Also, I have tried all suggestions including a pin reset but I simply cannot get another voice (ie Ken, English) to work. It will not work and screws up the Susan voice to the point where I have to reinstall everything from my backup.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Every time I access my One XL-S on TT Home, when I re-start the unit after disconnecting, it says 'no voice selected' and I have to reselect the voice (in my case Susan).

Also, I have tried all suggestions including a pin reset but I simply cannot get another voice (ie Ken, English) to work. It will not work and screws up the Susan voice to the point where I have to reinstall everything from my backup.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

It is a known bug (forever, it seems :mad: ) in Home's software that when you disconnect, you lose your computer voice and have to reselect it if you've used the emulator ('Operate my Go').

Not clear about your reference to the other voices not working. What happens and how does it screw up Susan's voice?

Could it be a space issue on your unit?

When I install the Ken voice on my unit, it shows as available but will not speak. I switch back to the Susan voice and it sounds garbled and cannot be understood. I have to reinstall everything from scratch to correct the problem. Pin reset did not help. I run everything from a 2GB SD card and have almost 900 MB free space.

Is there some manual procedure to install that might work?

Have you tried a ?chkdsk? on your SD card? Some files may be corrupted. It happens fairly often when copying to the SD card for large files thru the USB cable without using a card reader.

Ask a Question