TomTom HOME emulator on Macintosh

The emulator in TomTom HOME does not work with my 510. The TomTom mounts just fine and I can do a backup but the emulator displays "At this time there is no component available that is compatible with your TomTom device"

Does the emulator work on Macintosh for anyone else?

Powerbook G4 Mac OS X 10.4.9
TomTom 510 version 6.525
TomTom HOME v1.5 build 106

No, this function has never worked on a Mac. We are hoping that one of these days it will be included in a new release of HOME. But for now, it only works on a PC.

setting password protect on tomtom home with a mac

fanchee,
does this mean then, that I cannot link up to most of the software capabilities of tomtom home to set my passwords, etc...if I am using a mac? It says for me as well that I am missing a necessary component and to log into tomtom home to get it, but it never works.

Yep, HOME on the PC is completely different than HOME on the Mac. When I'm on my Mac, HOME crashes constantly and the virtualization doesn't work at all. HOME is actually pretty decent on the PC. Gads. :p

I've never had HOME crash on my Mac. But I'm using a dual G5 tower; from what I've read around here, it probably has some issues on the Intel Macs. I played with the "virtual tomtom" on a PC for awhile, and maybe I just don't get it, but I don't feel I'm missing anything on the Mac.

Ask a Question