TomTom Home doesn't read my SD card

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom 920t
Hi everyone another newbie
I wonder if anyone can help me. When I connect to TomTom Home it does not read my SD card. Yet when I use the Sat Nav (920t) away from the computer it sees and read the music with no trouble. I have had only music on the SD card before and TomTom Home as read the two drives . I cleared all the music off and reformatted the card to refresh the music and since then just the internal memory is read. I would like to update my maps but I have no idea where the maps would go if I were to update and how it would affect my ability to implement the new maps
Thank you in anticipation for any help you can give me
woodsz

In TomTom Home there is an option to select between internal memory on the device or the SD card, to be honest to add music I simply use Windows Explorer, create a folder named "mp" (without the "" and must be lower case) in the root of the SD card then put the mp3 music in to this folder. When the device boots up it will find all your audio tracks - Mike

Thanks for replying Mike. I know about the option in home BUT I don't get the option to choose only the TomTom drive shows up. As for the music I can get that with no problem, I do that the same way you have described
woodsz

So if I understand you right, your card is in the Tomtom, and when staring up HOME you don't see the internal/external option:

-Have you tried a pin reset on the Tomtom?
-Can you see the SD with Windows explorer?
-Are you running Vista?

Thank you for answering my post.
That's right The TomTom Home doesn't see the internal/external just the internal drive (Sat Nav) and yes I can see both drives in Windows Explorer. I haven't tried the reset button as yet I will do that when I get home, thanks again for your help I will let you know if your suggestion is successful

Ask a Question