TomTom Home Disconnect Device not working

TomTom Model(s)
XL Classic
Hi all,

I had a version of TomTom Home 2 running with Windows XP Pro.
I wanted to run an upgrade and I installed TomTom Home 2 ver. 2.8.3.2458
Whenever I press the icon at bottom right to disconnect my XL Classic the software change to the home page but there is no popup with the alert that it is safe to disconnect device like it was in all previous versions.
The same problem if I select in the menu bar the option to disconnect device, nothing happens.
I think it is a software bug.
How can I solve the problem or how can I downgrade to previous working version ?
Thank you.

Regards.
Bizio

Here are some infos about my system :

Cartella profilo = C:\Documents and Settings\Supervisor\Dati applicazioni\TomTom\HOME\Profiles\u8bbxhsl.default
Cartella di installazione = C:\Programmi\TomTom HOME 2
Cartella plugin = C:\Programmi\TomTom HOME 2\xul\plugins
Cartella dati = C:\Documents and Settings\Supervisor\Documenti\TomTom\HOME
Versione = 2.8.3.2458
Lingua = it-IT
Nome utente = anonimo
Stato di accesso = Utente non collegato
Server = https://home.tomtom.com/redir/
Impostazioni collegamento = Connessione diretta ad Internet (predefinita)
Elementi aggiuntivi installati = Indicatore di stato mappa 1.7.1, TomTom HOME default theme 1.0.2, Emulator 8.080.9662.4
Nome =
Codice dispositivo =
Numero di serie =
Funzionalità =
Dispositivi di archiviazione =
Elementi installati =
ID incidente errore = 17982809, 17982828, 17983980, 19019571, 37717674
* Computer info:

Operating system: Windows XP versione 2600, Service Pack 3)
Free memory: 382033920 bytes
User home directory: "C:\Documents and Settings\Supervisor\Documenti\"
Home volume space: 38454 / 104171 MB
Temporary directory: "C:\DOCUME~1\SUPERV~1\IMPOST~1\Temp\"
Temp volume space: 38454 / 104171 MB
Install directory: "C:\Programmi\TomTom HOME 2\xulrunner\"
Install volume space: 38454 / 104171 MB
External volume devices
OS login name: "USER ID"
Host name: "fabrizio-47z35q"
Date and time: 2011-12-10 19:26:23

* HOME info:

DLL Version: 2.8.3.2458
MapShare DLL Version: 2.8.3.2458
Language: it-IT

* Connected device: none

I have similar problems with my 740, but they are not related to Home2. If you use the USB disconnect icon in your systray (lower right), what does your device do when you use that to disconnect? My 740 no longer does anything on its face during anything but a cable disconnect. In fact, I've been working on 740 connection issues of one sort or another for about a week now.

Hi Canderson,
I have not tryed yet from the icon in systray but from the hard disk icon in program manager and disconnection it works perfectly as is should normally do.
I had used yesterday the previous working version of TonTom Home 2 to upgrade Southern Europe Map and the Disconnect Device command at bottom right it was pefectly working.
When I realized that a new version of TomTom Home 2 was avalaible from the application menu, I had installed the new version and after that moment Disconnect Device stopped to work suddenly.
I think it is a bug in the software and after a search in this forum I found a similar problem with an older version in 2008.
https://www.tomtomforums.com/t7948-disconnect-device-not-working.html

I hope that new TomTom Home 2 install has not overwritten any Windows system file since I can't even restore back to previous state, this option is no longer working 'cause of my avast! antivirus software.

I have similar problems with my 740, but they are not related to Home2. If you use the USB disconnect icon in your systray (lower right), what does your device do when you use that to disconnect? My 740 no longer does anything on its face during anything but a cable disconnect. In fact, I've been working on 740 connection issues of one sort or another for about a week now.

I tryed now to disconnect my XL with systray icon and nothing happens like it is with your 740. The device only desappear from the USB devices list. When I unplug USB the XL reboots like it should normaly do.

Disconnections works fine when selecting "remove" option from explorer window after selecting the hard disk icon and rightclicking over it with mouse.

Yes, others have reported the bug with the latest Home application. Just use the Hardware Device removal systray icon.

Or read through this link:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/t25167-cannot-de-select-application-update.html

Will give you a link to Revo Uninstaller to remove the current version.

Also, in the thread are links to earlier versions of Home.

Finally, there is a post on how to tweak a file in order to stop Home from forcing a newer application update.

Thanks for the info and your link, dhn.
I will wait for the new fix and I will use the workaround to disconnect device from USB port.

Ask a Question