TomTom HOME and GO 740 LIVE major problem!

Dear all,

I was hoping someone would help me out. I had a GO 740 LIVE device which had to be replaced because it was broken. The old device was linked to my online TomTom account and I had LIVE subscriptions and map update service linked.

I got the new device and when I initially tried to connect it to TomTom HOME and link it to my account, it failed and wouldn't happen. I got in touch with the customer support people and they said they linked my new device to my account.

So, I then try and connect my new device to HOME and a new error message comes up....saying....

"The following problem occurred. You can continue but functionality may not be available.
The internet server had an internal error. It may be a temporary problem. Please try again later"

The start of the 'details' for this error say...
"ERROR: 241/#https://community.tomtom.com/shop/getAccountLicensedContent: Error from server: *SAM server returned an unexpected error*
*SAM server returned an unexpected error*
Error code: 241
URL: https://community.tomtom.com/shop/getAccountLicensedContent
Additional information: info = [object]
info.func = [string] shop/getAccountLicensedContent
info.args = [object] "

So I got in contact with the customer support again at TomTom and they attempt to fob me off and say that the problem might be my wireless connection or software firewall. This is a complete load of b*lls*it. It worked perfectly well with my previous device and nothing has changed in that respect, plus I did try what they said and nothing.

If there is ANYONE that can suggest something, please let me know. I know that it is not coming up with LIVE updates.

Regards,
Matt.

Look for supermod, gatorguy, to respond to your post. He has a 740Live model.

If he hasn't replied within 24 hours, pm him.

That error message is one I've never seen. I'll research it a bit, but on the surface it looks like maybe TomTom may have inadvertently disabled the network connection for your current device in the process of transferring subscriptions. But that's just a pure guess. I'll post back if I find anything, but in any case I don't think it has anything to do with your firewall or security.

Same Problem

Hi. I had exactly the same error after replacing my stolen TomTom.

I used the support questions web option, and on the second try, they got it right.
My account needed to be re-set to allow the new device to connect.

You could refer whoever you talk to/e-mail to question reference (UK) 091224-012314- the problem is at their end!

Of course,if you don't have any paid-for TomTom services, it may just be easier to re-register with a new username (e-mail address) - I'm told it doesn't even need to be a valid e-mail address just a something@somewhere valid format... but I don't know if there's a down-side to this.

HTH
Mike

Ask a Question