TomTom Hom V2

I just picked up a TomTom ONE v2 at the TRU sale for $199-20%-10% :)

I have no room to complain but I do have a question or two.

On another forum a person has a ONE v2 and his Home software upgraded to V2 and then with this it upgraded his one to v7 :eek:

I have tried with no luck. I rubbed my ONE and spoke sweet nothings to it and my HOME is still 1.5xx and my software is still 6,5xx :(

The firmware for the ONE v2 is currently only with serials starting with 'Z'

I would guess that yours is probably an 'E' like mine thus no update yet.

I'm the guy from the other forum, where Frito and I have been corresponding. My serial begins with A.

HOME V2 is strange. It appears to think that I have a GO, or at least that's how it refers to my TomTom.

It has a command for loading a new car symbol, but the ONE doesn't offer the necessary command for switching to it.

It doesn't show either of my two installed third-party programs, Tripmaster or Reverse Itinerary. But then it says that it sees the latter on my PC, ready to install. In reality, they are both on the PC and the TomTom, and they work fine (now that I?ve changed the config files).

It requires download of an additional file in order to operate the ONE from the PC, but then it says the file is not currently available. It was earlier in the day and I succeeded in operating the ONE from the PC, but now it's asking me again and then not delivering.

Not ready for prime time.

I'm still on 1.6. Come to think of it, my HOME is acting up. Everytime I connect my TT and HOME opens, an "unhandled exception error" pops up. Abort obviously closes HOME, retry also closes HOME, ignore continues to let me use HOME.

As noted above, "Not ready for prime time."

Actually, its more likely because its getting ready to be the current stable release. It already is for some One users. TT no longer is supporting the SDK so it isn't unusual that 3rd party apps may have issues so I don't see that it has anything to do with being ready for primetime.

Ok just to add to the confusion. I saw a thread and the post said that he changed the devicew to one of the 4 different one v2 new additions in the list.

Soooo, I tried the 2nd one. It bulked at me and I said fine cancel. It then decided to download the V7 app anyway. Then it updated home to v2 :confused:

So now I have home V2 running but it says that software V7 will not run on this device :eek:

As three3 says - not ready for prime time I guess.

It may have to do with my maps are version 660 not 665 or 675 not sure.
Again for less than $150 what can I say?

Ok just to add to the confusion. I saw a thread and the post said that he changed the devicew to one of the 4 different one v2 new additions in the list.

Soooo, I tried the 2nd one. It bulked at me and I said fine cancel. It then decided to download the V7 app anyway. Then it updated home to v2 :confused:

So now I have home V2 running but it says that software V7 will not run on this device :eek:

As three3 says - not ready for prime time I guess.

Actually, that is exactly what you would expect to happen. v2 of the software doesn't allow you to change the device type. So of course it will say the v7 app doesn't run on your TT One, because TT hasn't activated v7 support on but a subset of the TT Ones. Again, these issues do not appear to have anything to do with the TT Home not working as it should.

Yes - I did not mean to imply that Home V2 was not working. Beside the fact that it will not let me log in it seems to function fine.

I did notice that the folder that Home created is called GO and not ONE. It does however say that it cannot run V7 on my ONE :()

I just meant the confusion over the V7 and who gets it and who does not.

Sorry about me confusing it :)

They sure didn?t call it a beta when they offered it to me a couple of weeks ago.

It looks to me like they tried to do too many things at the same time.

They sure didn?t call it a beta when they offered it to me a couple of weeks ago.

It was a beta version during the time it was freely available for download. If you take a look at the included link in my previous post, it somehow proves that Home 2 is a full release but currently supports only devices mentioned.

Ask a Question