Tomtom heaven Problem

downloaded tomtom heaven to change the arrow for car , program says its done , i see my choice and apply it but it never shows up on the tomtom, if i check it is in the car folders but........ tried it many times , guess im not doing something right or is there another program to do this ??? any help appreciated :eek:

downloaded tomtom heaven to change the arrow for car , program says its done , i see my choice and apply it but it never shows up on the tomtom, if i check it is in the car folders but........ tried it many times , guess im not doing something right or is there another program to do this ??? any help appreciated :eek:

Do you mean the icon doesn't show in the folder? You should have a folder called ART on your tomtom (you will have to put it there) then a subfolder in that called CARS (again you must put it there) then copy your .bmp/icon to the cars file. Then when you run the program it will show all the .bmp files you placed in there. The other thing I can think of is make sure the net framework is installed too, that came with the download, and ofcourse you tomtom is hooked to the computer :)

Car icons only show up when the map is in 3D view, not 2D view. Check your preferences.

Do you mean the icon doesn't show in the folder? You should have a folder called ART on your tomtom (you will have to put it there) then a subfolder in that called CARS (again you must put it there) then copy your .bmp/icon to the cars file. Then when you run the program it will show all the .bmp files you placed in there. The other thing I can think of is make sure the net framework is installed too, that came with the download, and ofcourse you tomtom is hooked to the computer :)

all that is done and see the icons in cars , only the net framework not sure im not at home and using a vista computer ?

okay got it to work but not with herbie 53 or 3 others the one that works is the new tellow bettle and i noticed it has a tlv file with same name , which i do not have for the other cars, do i need to create a tlv file if yes how?? Thanks guys and sorry for the troubles

okay got it to work but not with herbie 53 or 3 others the one that works is the new tellow bettle and i noticed it has a tlv file with same name , which i do not have for the other cars, do i need to create a tlv file if yes how?? Thanks guys and sorry for the troubles

I think the file has to be a .BMP 80x80 pixels if I remember right

Check your settings.dat file on your TomTom.

Use Wordpad in Windows to view this file. Near the bottom, you should see something like the following:
jkA/mnt/sdcard/art/cars/camaroconcept.bmp "
6?
-?
.?#

In this example camaroconcept.bmp is the name of the icon I was using.

Are you seeing this?

Check your settings.dat file on your TomTom.

Use Wordpad in Windows to view this file. Near the bottom, you should see something like the following:
jkA/mnt/sdcard/art/cars/camaroconcept.bmp "
6?
-?
.?#

In this example camaroconcept.bmp is the name of the icon I was using.

Are you seeing this?

no this is what i saw and copied
? ? a ?…# ::– $?k) ‘’ ` /
thats it !
i know somethings wrong somewhere
and to Pujuggalo yes my .bmp format is okay Thank You
just edited i saw that i have 2 settings dat files the above is in the tomtom under the rest
the second one is in a folder tth which contains a setting dat file containing the following
? ? a ?…# ::– $?k) ‘’ ` / ?Q"7?Ž ?DE
?„2€??8`"?.%˜?X? Y??Y Z[bc7 € e5??????????????????????????e˜.fghijk=/mnt/sdcard/art/cars/beetle_vw.bmp "6?.?.?#
this is the only car i can see or use

Last edited:
no this is what i saw and copied
? ? a ??# ::? $?k) ?? ` /
thats it !
i know somethings wrong somewhere
and to Pujuggalo yes my .bmp format is okay Thank You
just edited i saw that i have 2 settings dat files the above is in the tomtom under the rest
the second one is in a folder tth which contains a setting dat file containing the following
? ? a ??# ::? $?k) ?? ` / ?Q"7?? ?DE
??2???8`"?.%??X? Y??Y Z[bc7 ? e5??????????????????????????e?.fghijk=/mnt/sdcard/art/cars/beetle_vw.bmp "6?.?.?#
this is the only car i can see or use

The file in the /tth folder (tomtomheaven, in case you were wondering what that meant) is what is causing your issue.

You should only have one and it needs to be in the root folder of your TomTom.

Instead of deleting the file in the /tth folder right away, try renaming it. After renaming it, try TomTom Heaven xplorer again.

If it works, you can delete the file you renamed.

The file in the /tth folder (tomtomheaven, in case you were wondering what that meant) is what is causing your issue.

You should only have one and it needs to be in the root folder of your TomTom.

Instead of deleting the file in the /tth folder right away, try renaming it. After renaming it, try TomTom Heaven xplorer again.

If it works, you can delete the file you renamed.

Sorry if i did not respond , i was out of town more then a month and the last week i had no internent connection, i tried the above and it did not work , i download for testing purpouses all the car icons from tomtom heaven and they all worked but my herbie 53 icon still refuses to show up on my tomtom even though when i use the program it shows up and says its installed ? Guess i will have to figure that one
Really apppreciate your time and efforts of all of you that tried to make it work for me .:)

Sorry if i did not respond , i was out of town more then a month and the last week i had no internent connection, i tried the above and it did not work , i download for testing purpouses all the car icons from tomtom heaven and they all worked but my herbie 53 icon still refuses to show up on my tomtom even though when i use the program it shows up and says its installed ? Guess i will have to figure that one
Really apppreciate your time and efforts of all of you that tried to make it work for me .:)

Is it that specific icon that isn't working or can you get NONE of them to work?

Thanks for all your troubles , i do not know how to send it , but it is posted in car requests by giorgio and when i look at the attributes i can't see anything wwrong but im new to this !

OK....you are NOT going crazy.

This image was of the wrong dimensions. I corrected it to 80x80 pixels and cleaned up a bunch of the red blotches that were shown around the car - it should work for you now:
Herbie.bmp

OK....you are NOT going crazy.

This image was of the wrong dimensions. I corrected it to 80x80 pixels and cleaned up a bunch of the red blotches that were shown around the car - it should work for you now:
Herbie.bmp

Thanks Birdman , all that trouble so the kids can see herbie LOL , so i guess i just copy the image from above and transfer it to tomtom with tomtom heaven?

i can't change my arrow

Mine is tomtom one xl.s, program is 7.154.
When run tomtomheaveanxplore, everything is ok. I also created art subfolder.But when I shut on my tomtom everytime, it go reset. and blue arrow is here now. Tomtom one xl.s is no SD card. I think it is key point what i can't create my car icon! really?

I is in taiwan. our discussion in network , the arrow in tomtom one xl.s can't be changed. So we give up the work to change the arrow to car icon, who can help me?

Last edited:
Mine is tomtom one xl.s, program is 7.154.
When run tomtomheaveanxplore, everything is ok. I also created art subfolder.But when I shut on my tomtom everytime, it go reset. and blue arrow is here now. Tomtom one xl.s is no SD card. I think it is key point what i can't create my car icon! really?

I is in taiwan. our discussion in network , the arrow in tomtom one xl.s can't be changed. So we give up the work to change the arrow to car icon, who can help me?

1st, Let's make sure you are using an icon that I KNOW will work (many people have icons of the wrong size, bad colors, etc. and they will NOT show up even though everything else is going right). Here is an icon I KNOW will work. Right click on it and save it to your /art/cars/ folder on your TomTom....THIS folder may be your entire problem since you say you created an /art/ subfolder but you did not mention if you created an /art/cars/ folder.:
Herbie.bmp

And then follow my instructions below to use TomTomHeaven Xplorer...follow EVERY step:
>>> Custom Car Icon <<<

Ask a Question