Tomtom heaven Problem

Dear birdman, thank you very much!
I have created /art/cars before!
I installed follow EVERY step in Customizing Car Icons .
But when I switch on tomtom xl.s, it ask for reset. After I choosed as it hint, EVERY thing is NO change! ARROW is STILL ARROW!
Can you tell what can I do !

P.S. When tontonheavenxplore was istalled and applied, I can see settings.dat profile produced in subfolder "tth".But it was lost after I switched on tomtom one xl.s and it reseted.

Last edited:
Dear birdman, thank you very much!
I have created /art/cars before!
I installed follow EVERY step in Customizing Car Icons .
But when I switch on tomtom xl.s, it ask for reset. After I choosed as it hint, EVERY thing is NO change! ARROW is STILL ARROW!
Can you tell what can I do !

P.S. When tontonheavenxplore was istalled and applied, I can see settings.dat profile produced in subfolder "tth".But it was lost after I switched on and it reseted.

I would try the following:
1) Uninstall TomTomHeavenXplorer - have your TomTom UNPLUGGED at this point
2) Plug in your TomTom to the PC
3) Turn ON your TomTom, click YES to connect, and all it to boot until windows recognizes it.
4) Stop TomTom HOME from running by right clicking on the icon that is in your lower right windows tray and clicking EXIT....we want TomTomHeaven Xplorer being the only program accessing the TomTom
5) Make sure you copied my icon into the /art/cars/ folder of your TomTom and that the file is definitely there.
6) Re-install TomTomHeaven Xplorer with the TomTom still plugged in (as I state in step #3 of my procedure, this is very important)
7) Run TomTomHeaven Xplorer and you should see the icon from step 5 above show up as an option
8) Follow my instructions to complete installation

NOTE: TomTomHeaven Xplorer will modify the settings.dat file in the ROOT folder of your TomTom. So, you should open the settings.dat file in the ROOT of your TomTom with Windows WORDPAD and you should see something similar to the following near the bottom of this file:
kB/mnt/sdcard/art/cars/Herbie.bmpp

sorry! I can't see any change in settings.dat file.
When I switch on tomtom xl.s, it ask for reset again. After I choosed as it hint, EVERY thing is NO change! ARROW is STILL ARROW!
It's so sad!

My tomtom seem reject any change by tomtom heaven, it will establish a new settings.dat same to old settings.dat before tomtom heaven did some thing.

Last edited:
sorry! I can't see any change in settings.dat file.
When I switch on tomtom xl.s, it ask for reset again. After I choosed as it hint, EVERY thing is NO change! ARROW is STILL ARROW!
It's so sad!

My tomtom seem reject any change by tomtom heaven, it will establish a new settings.dat same to old settings.dat before tomtom heaven did some thing.

I'm wondering if you have a residual settings.dat file in your cache memory.

Try running the clearflash tool from TomTom, restarting your TomTom and then trying this again:
>>> Clear Flash Tool <<<

Need to do it twice

One thing I have found is sometimes to change the Icon, I have to run the program twice. If I unplug One and check it may have old icon. So I do the same steps again and next time it woks fine. :confused:

NOTE: TomTomHeaven Xplorer will modify the settings.dat file in the ROOT folder of your TomTom. So, you should open the settings.dat file in the ROOT of your TomTom with Windows WORDPAD and you should see something similar to the following near the bottom of this file:
kB/mnt/sdcard/art/cars/Herbie.bmpp[/QUOTE]

I can't see kB/mnt/sdcard/art/cars/Herbie.bmp in the settings.dat file in the root, but I see it appears in the file under subfolder/tth.
And once again, it disappear when I shut on my tomtom one xl.s.
Yesterday, I formated my tomtom, and used my original copy. Then, I follow EVERY step you taught, but nothing happen, ARROW is still ARROW!

My tomtom one xl.s has no sdcard, I think the path B/mnt/sdcard/art/cars/Herbie may be wrong, and my tomtom can't get car icon - Herbie.

I also think version 7.154 was modified for only Taiwan, So tomtomheavenXplore can't work!?

Last edited:

Ask a Question