TomTom Go 920(T)

can anyone help ?

i've just bought a tomtom go 920(t) and was advised that it can take up to 8GB which i purchased. however not sure if its working as it doesn't do anything and pc is not recognising it as a folder?

does anyone know if it can take this much and where i am going wrong.

also really disappointed that my mobile is not compatible with tomtom for the sms features. anyone know any way round this without buying a new handset?

all help/advise appreciated. been pulling my hair out with this problem.:confused:

Use a modern card reader and format the card in Windows as Fat32.

Make sure to back up any contents beforehand.

After that is done, you can load files on via Windows and thenreinsert in the 920 and all should be well.

I have an 8gb card and it works.

:confused: thanks for your help. new to both tomtoms and memory cards so i will invest in a card reader at the weekend and hope for the best.

by the way, if i wanted to use all 8GB of memory on the juke box i.e. music, is this feasible; or is only for use with maps?

:by the way, if i wanted to use all 8GB of memory on the juke box i.e. music, is this feasible; or is only for use with maps?

I'm still new to these forums too but you can find the answers to both your questions here. Just on what I recall reading in past I can help answer your phone question.

It appears only calling and answering works with smart phones unless they use DUN services. Cheaper blue tooth phone and most all features work. Buy a Black jack, treo or other smart phone and your severely restricted. I did read a hack on these forums for smart phones and DUN. Try searching smart phones and you'll get the info you need. There is also some tips posted on how to manually import your contacts as well.

Can't answer on juke box. I use IPod with adapter on the 720. More music than I'll ever need to listen too. I don't see why you can't do what your asking and tell it where to find the music but can't be certain since I've never tried. Personally the SD slot is simply additional storage maps, music, pictures what have you and should not matter.

I think you'll find a wealth of info on these forums. I know I did in no time at all. Good Luck! :)

Confused again!!

I've just bought a memory card reader from PC World - Dazzle 10 in 1 - and I've installed the programme as per instructions and placed the memory card in the reader, but nothing is happening. When I try to explore the folder it just freezes up my PC.

Any ideas on what my latest problem is???

All advice appreciated.

Ask a Question