TomTom Go 300 takes up to 5 min to get signal

My TomTom Go 300 sometimes takes up to 4-5 min to get just one bar on my signal strength. I have no idea why it is doing this but is there anything I can do to get this fixed? The QuickGPS find program is not available for the GO 300, so that is out. The only other thing is my internal battery is dead....could that have anything to do with it?

THANK YOU!!!!

If your battery is dead, I assume you are starting it up while connected to the home dock (powered) or the car dock - also powered (I am surprised it starts up....).

In either case, you may have weak signals where you are located. See how fast it finds satellites when you are on a road away from your home.

Thanks so much for getting back to me on this...I need some help on this.

Yes, I am connecting it in the car as I have no home charger. No matter where I am, work, home, etc. it all takes about 5 min to get a signal. Then it takes just as long to get a 2nd bar and so on. I also see it taking longer to get the first signal bar when I am on the move, but when I come to a stop light or something, it then finds the signal.

Do you think it is the battery at all?

THANKS AGAIN!

Ask a Question