TomTom Go 300 Problems

Hello all -
My first post here, so sorry if i make any posting faux-pas.

I have a TomTom Go 300 that I bought about 1.5 years ago. I've had no problems with it, other than it having slightly misplaced maps on Interstate 75 around Macon. It usually finds 95%+ of the addresses I put into it, and that's good, considering all the new construction in the Atlanta area.
At any rate, my problem; About 2 weeks ago it started doing this, and I can't figure out why.
The unit will now only come on when it's plugged into the 12V outlet in the car, and only when that outlet is 'hot'. Even then, I have to hold the power button in, and the first screen that comes up is the black one with the red hands that says TomTom, and it plays the drum sound. It then gives me the 'I Agree' screen, and proceeds to the normal screen. From that point, it takes anywhere from 1.5-7 minutes for it to acquire the satellites. It's not wiping anything out of the memory, because my existing route is still in there, as well as my favorites and my home location, but it is a PITA. The fact that it will no longer work on battery power is troubling, as I sometimes swap it into other cars and don't want the hassle of bringing the adapter.

Anywho, anyone have any ideas on what the deal is?

Oh, and I'm sure this has been covered, but I was going to update my maps a few months ago, but I think it was like $99 or something for new maps. Since they couldn't tell me if my own neighborhood was on there finally (even though the neighborhood is 6-7 years old now), and the fact that I can get a whole new unit from someone else for as little as $160, I didn't think it was a good idea. Actually, my next GPS will also work on my boat, like a crossover unit, but I have had good luck wit hthe TomTom.

Thanks!

- Jack

It sounds to me that your battery has died. Now, is there a fix for this? It may not be cost effective, seeing the price of TomTom One's with new maps.

It sounds to me that your battery has died. Now, is there a fix for this? It may not be cost effective, seeing the price of TomTom One's with new maps.
I might agree with you, but when it's actually on, he battery shows a full charge. On anothr nte, I did find a guy elsewhere on the that lists the exact same problem, with the exact same model.

Ask a Question