TomTom for Dummies or User Manual?

Does there exist a "TomTom for Dummies" or equivalent, or a source for a printed User Manual for my TomTom One?

My dialup line and an old computer/printer make printing the manual from the web impractical. I like having a printed manual as a starting place to which I would add info from the forum. The TomTom Support Team said they could not sell a printed manual.

Thank you.

Bob - from Anaheim, Calif.

You should be able to download to a thumbdrive or CD and take it to one of the office services like Office Depot, Staples, or Kinko's and have it printed for a few dollars. Even with dialup you should be able to download the file.

Sidney

I found this . . .GPS for dummies.

http://www.pronto.com/mpm/GPS-For-Dummies-by-Joel-10201107921-CG

I find the "Dummies" books interesting and more like reading for laughs. Not that I'm saying anything negative about them! I have purchased 2. I do not even remember what the first one was for, the second was Blackberry for Dummies. I was hoping I would find some tid-bits that might be new or kool. I got the book two weeks after I got the BB so being a tech gadget geek I had explored the BB to no end and the book had no new info for me. I did read it cover to cover. It was an eye opener to look at my BB from the aspect of a totally green beginner. And to be honest, if I had taken the time to look for a GPS for Dummies I would have purchased it after I got my first GPS. I have used MS Streets & Trips with GPS for a long long time, and before that DeLorme with GPS on laptops. I had a very rough time figuring out the GPS and trying to make it function like I was used to on the laptops. So, in closing this long post, I'm off to buy GPS for Dummies, just for the heck of it in hopes of learning something new!

Thanks for the response. Am sorry you seem to be telling me that there is no "TomTom for Dummies" or equivalent. I will eventually work out the details, or not bother, but often a manual makes life easier.

Good luck on the "GPS for Dummies".

Thanks for the response. Am sorry you seem to be telling me that there is no "TomTom for Dummies" or equivalent. I will eventually work out the details, or not bother, but often a manual makes life easier.

Good luck on the "GPS for Dummies".

It's "GPS For Dummies"

http://www.pronto.com/mpm/GPS-For-Du...10201107921-CG

TomTom being at the top of the food chain I would think a lot of the info would be accurate for TomTom. I'll see in a few days.

The big problem with scripting a book to cover a product range such as the one offered by TomTom is the fact it would be out of date before it went to print.

The model range is constantly evolving with new devices at least a couple of times a year, couple this to software updates to existing devices that increase a devices capability.

If the last two paragraphs aren't enough to contend with there are also significant differences within certain models depending upon the country of purchase.

For advice about any specific issue you have with the device, or you need to know how to do something with it simply ask on the forum. You will get expert advice from a great number of forum users including at times hints and tips that aren't even covered by official manuals from the device supplier - Mike

Ask a Question