tomtom 920 winshield holder

tomtom's windhield holder sucks compare to the garmin one
mine keeps falling ans eventually my gps will break
i do not want to use the adhesive disk on my dashboard fearing it will damage once i remove it between cars
do you guys like this holder?
anybody can suggest a trick to make that thing solid? with no screws

i just came from future shop and there is nothing (universal) to make it happen
thanks

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7) 320x240; VZW; Motorola-Q9m; Windows Mobile 6.0 Standard)

I feel your pain, bro. I have a satellite radio mounting plate I bought at Best Buy sticking out of the dashboard, and stuck the disk to that. Even then, it drops on my wife's knee on a weekly basis. Between that and the POIs that don't actually exist she's ready to throw my 920 out the window!

Only alternative I've found is the mount that sits on the dashboard, but even that uses the suction cup.

I loved my old Magellan mount. Stick it on, and then pull a lever to double the suction. That was nice. :)

Beyond that, wet the suction cup and make sure it's affixing to an *extremely* clean surface.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7) 320x240; VZW; Motorola-Q9m; Windows Mobile 6.0 Standard)

I feel your pain, bro. I have a satellite radio mounting plate I bought at Best Buy sticking out of the dashboard, and stuck the disk to that. Even then, it drops on my wife's knee on a weekly basis. Between that and the POIs that don't actually exist she's ready to throw my 920 out the window!

Only alternative I've found is the mount that sits on the dashboard, but even that uses the suction cup.

I loved my old Magellan mount. Stick it on, and then pull a lever to double the suction. That was nice. :)

Beyond that, wet the suction cup and make sure it's affixing to an *extremely* clean surface.

i wish tomtom wiil look into it and fix this problem

I have two OEM mounts it two different vehicles. All I did was clean the windshield with alcohol and let it dry for about 5-10 minutes before applying the suction cup. Neither mount has come off in 4-1/2 months of use. One vehicle is a medium-duty work van, so the TT can sometimes get a bumpy ride, but still holds solid.

If you're re-applying the suction cup, I would recommend cleaning it with water, and letting it dry. Alcohol will tend to dry out the suction cup material, resulting in a less secure mounting.

I have two OEM mounts it two different vehicles. All I did was clean the windshield with alcohol and let it dry for about 5-10 minutes before applying the suction cup. Neither mount has come off in 4-1/2 months of use. One vehicle is a medium-duty work van, so the TT can sometimes get a bumpy ride, but still holds solid.

If you're re-applying the suction cup, I would recommend cleaning it with water, and letting it dry. Alcohol will tend to dry out the suction cup material, resulting in a less secure mounting.

thank you
i will give it a try

Is it a good idea to leave the suction mount on the windshield all the time or remove it after every drive???
I used to leave it on but it wears/fall off due to the extreme weather in NorthEast of U.S. (too cold in the winter and too hot in the summer), but keep removing it, I don't think it's a good way either. So what do you guys do?

Is it a good idea to leave the suction mount on the windshield all the time or remove it after every drive???
I used to leave it on but it wears/fall off due to the extreme weather in NorthEast of U.S. (too cold in the winter and too hot in the summer), but keep removing it, I don't think it's a good way either. So what do you guys do?

if we all file a comlpaint to tomtom maybe they do the change or copy the one from garmin

if we all file a comlpaint to tomtom maybe they do the change or copy the one from garmin

It doesn't mean they don't know or can't do like what Garmin has, I think it's just purely business of making more money. As you can see on their site, there are other type of mounts as accessories, they just indirectly force us to buy another one seperately. Just like buying every DVD player, a 3-wire red/white/yellow composite audio/video cable always comes with the box, but not the red/green/blue component cable.

Ask a Question