TomTom 910 Map NEW Map problems

I agree Frank. I'm going to write a letter to support on this. I have a Magellan 700/760 that is excellent. However, I can't search by keyword, which is why we bought the TomTom (so we can look up laundromat, washateria, etc. etc.)

Once again, it was mentioned to me in a support phone call that TomTom is updating their POI database (unknown release date). She seemed oblivious to both the restop and search by exit issues.

It is an issue that I have raised with them during three or four questions and posts. Their response is to buy or download the poi from tth. I keep pointing out to them that they dont have a poi for rest stops but that would not be honest with the customer. Seems like a simple thing for the authors of the program to add the missing poi info and offer it through tth. Would certainly be a good pr thing.

drledger,

Yes, I caught your comments on that before, checked out TomTom's site, and realized they have very few POI's posted---and as you say, no rest stops. Dunkin' Donuts, but no rest stops. Strange that support doesn't even know what's listed there.

I think we are experiencing the pains of a European company trying to serve another continent without having laid the foundations.

Why don't they let us help, which would help promote the product, make it better and possibly create more sales, by providing us software, or making there software user friendly, by allowing us to make these databases that could be complied and added to the product.

In other words, give us the tools to add the information to their site easily so that the latest real time update could be downloaded.

DUH, Let the comsumers do the work. Use your resources TomTom.

They wouldn't have to make the database themselves. They could do the deletions, When something is found wrong of changed.

Why don't they let us help, which would help promote the product, make it better and possibly create more sales, by providing us software, or making there software user friendly, by allowing us to make these databases that could be complied and added to the product.

In other words, give us the tools to add the information to their site easily so that the latest real time update could be downloaded.

DUH, Let the comsumers do the work. Use your resources TomTom.

They wouldn't have to make the database themselves. They could do the deletions, When something is found wrong of changed.

I agree with you but I think they can't do that because theres probably a ton of things that go behind the scenes that we don't know about such maybe licencing issues.

I would love it if they just give us the tools so we can give more value to our device.

I have tried to follow up with tt support but so far to no avail. Maybe if we keep asking they will deal with this support issue.

Ask a Question