TomTom GO 910 & MapShare

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom GO 910
I've got the latest maps installed for the TomTom GO 910 (well the latest prior to any released in 08) and they're MapShare enabled if you will. Everytime I start TomTom Home, TT Home states in the upper right hand corner "Your map is 20 weeks out of date 12860 free Map Share map corrections waiting". It's a hotlink that I can click on, when I do it loads the "Checking for updates for your TomTom" and then after about twenty seconds states there are no updates available!

AGHHH! I want my Map Share updates!

Anyone else seen this?

~B

I had the same problem, and eventually it updated and is now up to date. Just give it some time, the general consensus is that Tom Tom servers are up and down a lot.

I had the same problem, and eventually it updated and is now up to date. Just give it some time, the general consensus is that Tom Tom servers are up and down a lot.
Now using TomTom Home 2.2.1.58 and still unable to download the more the 13,000 MapShare updates TomTom Home says are available for my TomTom GO 910.

App version: 7.163
Map version: 710.1609

Any suggestions?

~B

I called TomTom about this problem, as I have a 510 with Nav7 and v7 maps and MapShare wide open and I've never gotten an update. They escalated me to the next level of support that said "there should be a new TTH this week, TomTom UK is working on the fix." So I'm hoping by Mon Feb 18 there's some sort of resolution. Not holding my breath, of course.

They know the problem exists (the first level tech spent over an hour with me trying to troubleshoot it) but they don't know what's wrong.

I called TomTom about this problem, as I have a 510 with Nav7 and v7 maps and MapShare wide open and I've never gotten an update. They escalated me to the next level of support that said "there should be a new TTH this week, TomTom UK is working on the fix." So I'm hoping by Mon Feb 18 there's some sort of resolution. Not holding my breath, of course.

They know the problem exists (the first level tech spent over an hour with me trying to troubleshoot it) but they don't know what's wrong.

Oh brother, another update that will fix some problems and introduce more. I'm going to wait before installing the update and see what others are having problems with.

Oh brother, another update that will fix some problems and introduce more. I'm going to wait before installing the update and see what others are having problems with.
I'm now using "2.2.2.83" and still no Map Share updates. TomTom Home states my map is 22 weeks out of date and that I have 14535 corrections waiting to install but I cannot install them. TomTom Home states there are no updates available when I run "Update My Go".

Any ideas folks?

Bryan

I'm now using "2.2.2.83" and still no Map Share updates. TomTom Home states my map is 22 weeks out of date and that I have 14535 corrections waiting to install but I cannot install them. TomTom Home states there are no updates available when I run "Update My Go".

Any ideas folks?

Bryan

Wow, something is wrong then. Maybe try to re-install Home fresh? Other than that, I'd contact Tom Tom.

I was having the same problem. I have a 910 and I am using the NA maps. Anyway, I tried something and it worked. I am not an expert on this, so try at your own risk.... I went into my TT directory and found the NA maps. There I changed the North_America.mid and North_America.mms files to .old and .old1. I hit the reset button on the TT and started up TT home. TT found and downloaded the 12000 plus mapshare updates for me. MY TT has worked without any problems since I changed those files.

I would suggest that you do a backup before making ANY changes.

Good luck,
AC

I was having the same problem. I have a 910 and I am using the NA maps. Anyway, I tried something and it worked. I am not an expert on this, so try at your own risk.... I went into my TT directory and found the NA maps. There I changed the North_America.mid and North_America.mms files to .old and .old1. I hit the reset button on the TT and started up TT home. TT found and downloaded the 12000 plus mapshare updates for me. MY TT has worked without any problems since I changed those files.

I would suggest that you do a backup before making ANY changes.

Good luck,
AC
AC,

I just followed the steps above and it worked!

Thank you!!!

~B

The previously mentioned fix seems to work if you have older maps (and maybe older application) versions.
I have a 910 with app v7.163, maps W&C-E v710.1561, Home 2.2.2.83.
It seems that my configuration file "MapSettings.cfg" in my map folder was corrupt.

The fix for me to get MapShare working was to rename this file to "MapSettings.cfg.old".

Then connect with Home, "Update my Go", NOT yet download the updates, open from menu the "Map Share Preferences..." and configure what you want downloaded. After this again running "Update my Go".

Note! When you rename or delete "MapSettings.cfg" you will loose all your settings for the map; including home location, Favorites, previous destinations etc.

Tried this but it failed to work for me - I don't get any list of countries to update. I have opened a ticket at TomTom, but they seem stumped by this at the moment. If I get something from them, will post it here.

Tried this but it failed to work for me - I don't get any list of countries to update. I have opened a ticket at TomTom, but they seem stumped by this at the moment. If I get something from them, will post it here.
I had that problem, and magically one day the list of countries showed up and my MapShare started working. Lately I have been infrequently updating my TomTom, and guess what? My list of countries is gone again and I'm not getting any new MapShare updates. GRRRRRRR

Well I finally got a message from TomTom support. Delete all .mms and .mid files in the map folders on the TomTom. The message said that the TomTom servers had been upgraded.
Well I had to try several times, but finally it worked. I now have a very large number of updates installed (the first batch took about 15 minutes to download and more particularly install)

So you guys are saying that we get mapshares even though we have 910? I thought that feature was only for 920 and newer navs! Whenever I upgrade the TT Home, I never see the mapshare option! Would I have to first buy new maps? Like v7.20?

Yes you need the latest Navcore 7 appplication installed on your unit along with a v7 map such as the 7.20.

I tried this but it is not working. BTW, I did not find a .mid file. Also, are the .mid/.mms files supposed to be recreated? Mine were not. The .cfg file was recreated.

I am using latest OS and latest MAP (725)

These are the contents of my NA directory:

total 2909248
32 DeletedPoi.local
32 Dunkin'_Donuts.bmp
416 Dunkin'_Donuts.ov2
32 Dunkin'_DonutsOv2.ver
32 MapSettings.cfg
32 MapUserPatch.dat
576 North_America-16.meta
32 North_America-16.meta.dct
32 North_America.pna
32 Panera_Bread.bmp
128 Panera_Bread.ov2
32 PatchFilter.dat
32 Starbucks_Complete.bmp
1088 Starbucks_Complete.ov2
32 Walgreens.bmp
576 Walgreens.ov2
32 brand
1033760 cline.dat
320480 cname.dat
294272 cnode.dat
53952 cphoneme.dat
338016 crpoi.dat
260160 faces.dat
32 mapinfo.dat
560736 poi.dat
35328 tables.dat
9280 tmccodes.dat
32 traffic.dat
32 traffic.inc

The previously mentioned fix seems to work if you have older maps (and maybe older application) versions.
I have a 910 with app v7.163, maps W&C-E v710.1561, Home 2.2.2.83.
It seems that my configuration file "MapSettings.cfg" in my map folder was corrupt.

The fix for me to get MapShare working was to rename this file to "MapSettings.cfg.old".

Then connect with Home, "Update my Go", NOT yet download the updates, open from menu the "Map Share Preferences..." and configure what you want downloaded. After this again running "Update my Go".

Note! When you rename or delete "MapSettings.cfg" you will loose all your settings for the map; including home location, Favorites, previous destinations etc.

Ask a Question