tomtom 2007 GIVEGIVE rebate... RIP OFF

Sorry to take this off-topic, but any reason you could not find your own avatar InHooterville?

Granted you might not have seen mine but it's the same pic with the right side background cropped out. Geesh. :confused:

I guess I'll just have to come up with something all on my own...again.

You've got to be kidding me,don't be so flattered. It's been in a avatar folder of mine for a year or so. I stoled it from someone but i doubt it was you.Can't see that much resemblance. sorry need a life?

MRBudMan wasn't being smart. Some of the retailers (like BestBuy) were specifically not part of the rebates because a deal with TomTom to drop the price by the $100.00 in store. I believe that he was just asking if maybe Abe's was part of said retailers based on the purchase price.

Contrary to how you might feel, people here are really trying to help. No one likes to see someone screwed out of money, especially in these times.

I guess it was the...........why would you think you should get another $100 off?......no harm done, I'm much better now:D Thanks;)

I wasn't trying to be spiteful, only realistic. Sorry to offend. Bottom line, you'll have to fight it out with TomTom or accept your losses and move on.

Thinking anyone who reads this thread, realizes you wern't out of line in the least. Your words were right on and honest.

Dealing with GRAY market retailers is risky business. "Cheapest" ain't always cheaper. Certainly NOT TomTom's fault, if a authorized dealer sold off merchandise to Abes.

Thinking anyone who reads this thread, realizes you wern't out of line in the least. Your words were right on and honest.

Dealing with GRAY market retailers is risky business. "Cheapest" ain't always cheaper. Certainly NOT TomTom's fault, if a authorized dealer sold off merchandise to Abes.

I don't even care to much anymore it's only money, I bet they just forgot to print must purchase at a TomTom authorized realer to receive rebate. I think they were just trying to save some ink, and a hundred here and there.......http://www.tomtom.com/lib/img/promo/givegive_us_en.pdf

The whole "including, but not limited to" statement would have made me look a little deeper into which retailer could or could not be included... I agree, it's a bit misleading, and sometimes you need to be a lawyer to notice some of the language companies use in their "fine print"... But that line there just begs to be explored a little more for clarification.
But that's just my opinion. Yours may (and from the sounds of it, does) differ from mine.

Rebate ha ha... what Im doing..

I read the advertisment the same as the first poster. My online retailer was not on the list, so I bought and sent in rebate from the link on their site to rebate coupon. My cousin bought same unit a 720 from BestBuy and was told rebate was already figured into the price which was more than $50.00 more than what I paid. The Nerds.net have been very supportive as they had someone assigned to HANDLE Tom Crap rebate rejections. Notice on Tom Tom web site NO corporate mailing address is found so emailed this to them today?????????:D

February 15, 2008

Tom Tom, Inc

TomTom Rebate Centers
PO Box 52902
Phoenix, AZ 85072-2902

Sirs:

We received a postcard card reference # 97781149 -961 dept# 098116, from your rebate center advising us that the Tom Tom 720 we purchased on December 9, 2007, from TheNerds.net was from a ?non-qualifying store?. This retailer was not listed as non-qualifying on the submitted form nor on your website when we mailed in the required items for the $100 rebate. After receiving the rejection notice we again searched your website and could not find anyplace that excluded TheNerds.net as an eligible retailer. We called TheNerds.net and asked them of their status. They advised us they were excluded after the fact and were informed by another complaining customer that their was a 50 page document of excluded retailers on the Tom Tom site advising of this. We found NO document.
(We have received nothing but excellent service from TheNerds.net.)

We feel our rebate was declined in an arbitrary, capricious, and deceptive manner and request that you honor your advertised commitment of a $100.00 rebate. If the rebate is not to be paid, we would like authorization to return this 720 for a full paid refund as we will buy another brand that stands by its advertisements.

B. Milks

Cc: Florida Department of Consumer Affairs
Texas Department of Consumer Affairs
Arizona Department of Consumer Affairs

Now THERE is some definitive action, rather than coming in and whining about how you got ripped off and so on. Good job riata2... Keep us informed as to what happens! (Unfortunately, FutureCrap is on the list or I'd have done this too... LOL)

Now THERE is some definitive action, rather than coming in and whining about how you got ripped off and so on. Good job riata2... Keep us informed as to what happens! (Unfortunately, FutureCrap is on the list or I'd have done this too... LOL)

Man what I'd give to be as smart as you,what a know-it-all. I'll be waiting to hear your next words of wisdom. Later!;)

It's not wisdom. It's called common sense. Why come here, complain about TomTom, then complain when no one offers you help? Go to the source if you wish to get this problem solved. We here, for the most part, can only help with GPS related issues. You have an issue with the company itself.
I could see coming here if this were a forum run by the company (which probably still wouldn't have gotten you any help) but this is a webpage run by TomTom's user community...
If you still feel like you need to do something. Contact the BBB (or whatever it is called in your neck of the woods) and lodge a complaint, CC it to TomTom. Maybe that will incite them to do something to rectify the situation.

It's not wisdom. It's called common sense. Why come here, complain about TomTom, then complain when no one offers you help? Go to the source if you wish to get this problem solved. We here, for the most part, can only help with GPS related issues. You have an issue with the company itself.
I could see coming here if this were a forum run by the company (which probably still wouldn't have gotten you any help) but this is a webpage run by TomTom's user community...
If you still feel like you need to do something. Contact the BBB (or whatever it is called in your neck of the woods) and lodge a complaint, CC it to TomTom. Maybe that will incite them to do something to rectify the situation.

Man I'm sorry I didn't realize I had came here asking for help,I just came here to whine! You seem to be obsessed with giving help when it's not needed. Have you tried consoling? Probably don't listen well,wouldn't work. Later

Can't help those who won't help themselves. CIAO

That is right you can't help someone that never asked for your help. I was just venting my feelings on the tombomb 920 and there wonderful rebate ha ha. Thanks for helping the post stay up top. And your smart mouth has been a plus! Thanks and have a GREAT DAY...........Later;)

Now TT is compounding their UNFRIENDLY consumer behavior - they are not providing updated maps as they said they would when some of these devices were purchased.

Ask a Question