tomtom 1 xl built in memory

hi,i have a tt 1 xl with a built in 1g memory i noticed there is a slot that can accept a memory card could i insert an sd card with different maps or would it do something to the tt

I have a TomTom 1 LE and since your XL uses the same application program I assume it will work the same. The SD memory replaces the internal memory. What this means is that if you insert a blank formatted (in FAT 32 only) memory card everything in the TomTom will appear to be gone, it will not boot and if it did no maps will be found. The best way I've found to use the SD card is to make a backup using TomTom Home and disconnect the TomTom from your computer. Then insert a blank formatted SD card of at least 2 GB. Then reconnect the TomTom to your computer and as soon as it's detected by the TomTom Home program it will automatically load a new copy of the application to the card. Then all you have to do is copy all of the folders and files from the back up back to the TomTom. I would suggest doing this in Windows Explorer as I have had poor luck getting everything back using the restore feature in TomTom Home. I hope that this clears this up for you and good luck.

Ask a Question