TomTom 1.4.1 (Western Europe) on App Store

I see on the app store that the current version is 1.4.1 and that purchasers of the app get the next update for free.

Can I ask, does that mean any updates beyond the next one I have to pay for?

Also, how are the maps updated? Do I have to pay again every time a new map comes out?

Thanks

I have been using the TomTom app since it first came out (v.1.0). So far, all updates have been free. I hope it will stay so in the future!

Hi

I have just purchased TomTom v1.4.1 for Western Europe and have it installed on my iPhone 3GS. I have a couple of questions and was going to start a new thread but as this one has already been started, I will ask them here.

Q1: I tried it out on a short journey this morning and although it worked ok, it was a bit 'laggy'. i.e. when I turned a corner, the default arrow took a few seconds or so to catch up. Is this normal when using TomTom on an iPhone?

Q2: I'm not using a iPhone holder at the moment and seeing that the official TomTom is ?99.00 and looks to be a great bit of kit, I don't really think it's worth nearly ?100. Are there any other alternatives that are considerably cheaper and work just as well?

At the moment, I've ordered a 'cheapo' KONDOR iPhone holder and 'cigar lighter' power cord.

Q3: Where can I find the 'pedestrian mode' in the menu's?

Q4 When I click on the 'traffic option', my phone tries to connect to the TT servers but it never seems to get there and I also see the 'log in' window. Is the 'traffic option' not included or enabled with this version?

Q4: I already own a couple of TomTom car Satnavs and, with reference to the volume which can be linked to the speed of the car, is the option to enable this on the iphone version and if so, where in the options can I find it?

Regards

Dave M

Ask a Question