TomTom Western Europe CD to device - help needed!

Hi,

After many hours working how to transfer the maps to my tomtom one,, i realised that a product code and a device code was needed to registered.

I have done all of that and have got the activation code. I then go to TomTom HOME and click on 'Use my activation code' on the main screen. I enter the code that I have been given on the interent but it appears to be about 4 characters too long.

What is wrong?? Please someone help on how to activate my maps.

Thanks

Welcome to TTF.

If this was a map downloaded via Home, then you shouldn't need an activation code to install. In fact, you don't even need Home to install a downloaded map. See here:

https://www.tomtomforums.com/genera...nstall-downloaded-map-without-using-home.html

If this was a map obtained on a sd card from a legitimate source (TomTom or authorized reseller of TT maps on sd cards), then it, too, shouldn't need an authorization code since it's 'locked' to the sd card when first manufactured.

If the map is obtained other than from the sources mentioned, well, no help will be provided here.

Hi,

it was a map bought directly from tomtom but it came on a CD/DVD not an SD card. Its come with a product code also.

Why is the activation code I get too long to enter??

This is the old way of map activation and it should need Home at all.

Firstly you have the Product Code supplied with the map (Usually on a plastic card similar size to a credit card)

Second the Device code which is specific to your device.

Thirdly the Activation code which is generated when you input the Product Code and Device Code into the www.ttcode.com web site.

When you have your Activation Code switch the device on (NOT connected to the PC) and select Change Preferences/ Manage Maps/ Switch Map. Select your new map from the presented list and the device will prompt on screen for Activation, type the code in directly on the device without any spaces and it should fit, from memory the codes are 15 digit long - These codes are nothing to do with Home at all - Mike

Hi,

i have followed your instructions from turning on my tomtom and then to switching maps but the only map that is available to selct is the one already installed, united kingdom and northern ireland. I cannot select the western europe one (i presume because it hasnt been installed yet).

Is there anyway I can copy the map from the dvd to my tomtom without using home??

thanks

Put the disk in the PC and it should start up an installer, if it doesn't have a look at the contents of the disk using Windows Explorer, what files/ folders are listed when you first open the drive letter associated with the DVD - Mike

Ask a Question