Thank you!

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Go 630
I just want to say thank you to the numerous posters here who have posted so much information that has been so helpful to me.

I got a car icon to match what I drive, I have points of interest that matter (Tim Hortons, anyone?) and I also downloaded Audacity to create .ogg files so my Tomtom now uses unique alerts when I'm on the road. I think my favorite sound is when I drive by Tim Hortons and I hear a cup of coffee being poured... mmmm... ;)

Thanks guys, this is a blast :D

I just want to say thank you to the numerous posters here who have posted so much information that has been so helpful to me.

I got a car icon to match what I drive, I have points of interest that matter (Tim Hortons, anyone?) and I also downloaded Audacity to create .ogg files so my Tomtom now uses unique alerts when I'm on the road. I think my favorite sound is when I drive by Tim Hortons and I hear a cup of coffee being poured... mmmm... ;)

Thanks guys, this is a blast :D
Sounds like you're having some real fun with your TT.

I've owned a handheld unit for quite a while now - I use it for geocaching - and for that kind of work, it's hard to beat a Garmin. But when I started to research what was available for a car nav unit, it became clear that the toy of choice was going to be a TomTom. As best I can tell, its relatively open architecture is still unique in the marketplace, offering more flexibility to the GPSr geek than any other brand.

In spite of the few shortcomings of my 720 that have come to light since, it's still more fun for the buck than anything else I could have chosen. There's nothing more amusing than to watch than the face of a fellow geocacher who is riding with me for the first time who hears Suzan exclaim over the FM radio "Unfound Geocache Alert", and watches me bring up the cache description and last 5 HTML logs in the TomTom media reader! To get close to that, you'd have to pay a bundle for a Garmin, and it would be a handheld with a much smaller screen. Nobody builds the same functionality into a 4.3" dash mount unit.

Ask a Question