my tomtom is no use now, thanks to tomtom

I bought a xl iq live europe, had it replaced under warrenty 6 weeks ago
I travel alot in europe, as i am a coach driver, and have paid for map updates for 12 months
now the new map will only let me have zones,,, so my next trip will be in uk, france, switserland, italy, and back through austria , etc.. I cant get all those as they are in differant zones
so from what i can see, i wasted my money. i think tomtom should help me what do you think
this is just one trip that will not be covered, there are many more. and changing zones when i am away is not an option
Steve

My understanding is that there is a 'change zone' link wherein you can select a different zoned map to download. But it is difficult while on the road to get access to Home, do a switch of zones, copy one map to the computer so you have room and then delete it so there is room for another map.

This is a ridiculous situation, you shouldn't need to carry a laptop around to install maps to a device while on holiday/ business.

The device was purchased with full European coverage, this capability should be maintained or return the device for a full refund and purchase something that will cover pan European road trips, without a memory card slot these huge new maps simply don't work well with a good number of TomTom products sold over the last 18 months to two years - Mike

I bought a xl iq live europe, had it replaced under warrenty 6 weeks ago
I travel alot in europe, as i am a coach driver, and have paid for map updates for 12 months
now the new map will only let me have zones,,, so my next trip will be in uk, france, switserland, italy, and back through austria , etc.. I cant get all those as they are in differant zones
so from what i can see, i wasted my money. i think tomtom should help me what do you think
this is just one trip that will not be covered, there are many more. and changing zones when i am away is not an option
Steve

Hi Steve,

I just managed to get a refund on my Map Update subscription, it took a threat of legal action before they agreed but the small claims court could help, it only cost ?25 to put a claim in and refunded if you win.

Basically your problem is the same as mine.

My subscription is useless as I cannot navigate to Austria from the UK with the new updates, therefore the function of my unit would be altered fundementally from the one I purchased. There is no way I could get a refund for my device due to the usage I have had from it but I can for the updates.

Your claim however is slightly different. You purchased an item with a Map Guarantee. So the map bought with the device is that update. If it now does not function as described, for no where does it say it has ''Partial European Coverage'', you should be able to get a refund.

Thats fair isnt it?:confused:

Ask a Question