Status Bar Oddity

TomTom Model(s)
ONE v2
Hmm, my status bar is a little inconsistent in the displays that it shows. Allow me to elaborate. This is with NO route plotted.

If you have everything selected in the Preferences menu, then the satellite bar will be horizontal with bars pointing upwards and the speed indicator will be underneath the bar, correct?

Now if I remove "Show Current Time", then the satellite bar should become vertical with bars pointing to the left and the speed indicator moves to the bottom left quadrant.

However, sometimes it still shows it in the first description as if I had everything selected. Not only that, sometimes it doesn't even show the current time even though I have it selected.

Grr... as I'm typing this, I played around with my ONE and now it's acting normally :confused: . Anyone else noticed this behaviour?

My version is 6.56 with map 660.1215

I haven't noticed anything like that on mine. But I haven't played with status bar settings since I first got it and decided how I liked it set up.............

I usually have all status bar preferences check marked and I tired what you explained and it works fine.

I haven't noticed anything buggy, sorry.

I've noticed something else too.

I think the reason why it's acting this way is because it *thinks* I have a "preferred arrival time" loaded even though my route's cancelled.

IOW, it still thinks it has to show the est. arrival time (even though it doesn't physically show it) but somewhere deep inside the codes, it's programmed to arrange the icons as is (i.e. with 6 items showing rather than 5 items).

The way I found this out was when I plotted another route via the Browse Map function (i.e. using the cursor then pressing the cursor button at the bottom of the screen then clicking "Navigate There"). Doing so doesn't prompt for an arrival time but when I asked for directions, at the bottom of the screen, I noticed "-6 hours" or I'm gonna be 6 hours late despite the fact I never entered an arrival time (I did for my previous destination).

Ask a Question