speed map corrections

TomTom Model(s)
XXL540S
I have had a lot of invaluable advice on the forum and have managed to change all the speed limits which were incorrect on quite a long route in Australia. I have also copied all the files on my TomTomXXL 540 to my hard drive via Windows Explorer as recommended.
Two questions now
Firstly will this route with all its corrections work in reverse. I have corrected it on a trip from Adaminaby to Sydney, approx 600km. Now if I run it from Sydney to Adaminaby will the speed corrections still include my corrections? I realise II can run a Route Demo but that takes a long time if there is a simple answer.
Also relevant to this why it is so difficult to set the speed to run the demo. Does Tom Tom default to 500 times for a longer route because no matter where I tap the slider it bounces back to 500 even on a shorter route.
Secondly if I need to use my computer backup can I restore only the files relevant to this route with POI's etc or must I restore the whole lot and overwrite all my files.

Thanks for your support
Margek

If the roads selected going Sydney and from Sydney to Adinanaby are not split, then I think the road speed changes you made would stick in both directions. Understand that the speed changes affect only the posted speeds on the map and the warning when travelling faster than allowed. They don't impact upon the iq routing calculations or ETA.

I tried tried a demo of 535K and do not experience the slider sticking to 500%. A light tap on the slider is all that is required (for me) to move the value.

If these routes are saved as itineraries, then they will be saved in the itn folder. Just restore the contents of that folder, if necessary. Built in pois don't change from map version to map version as a rule but when they do, a newer map will have more. And you'd want to make a new Explorer backup with that map version anyway.

Ask a Question