Map Corrections - Speed Limits

When trying to change (correct) speed limits shown on Tom Tom XL and where the correction is for a small section of a very long road with many, many other speed sections, it appears necessary to first de-select all sections that do not require any change. Would it not make far more sense to have an option button to de-select ALL sections of the road, and then just select the one section that requires change?
I am currently trying to correct the posted speed limit on ONE section of a road that appears to contain more than a hundred different sections, some of which are almost too small to be indicated by a finger on a touch screen.

Indeed adjusting the road speed is a real PITA and can take ages, when you then realise the change doesn't get used by the device it simply notifies TomTom of a change for them to possibly embed in the next map release you start to wonder why you did it in the first place! - Mike

Trying to accurately change a road speed, especially with a bunch of segments, can be a very frustrating experience.......

Curious. When I tried to change a road name, the 540 would highlight one segment at a time. A segment being a section between two side streets. I had to select each segment individually for the whole length. Maybe 30 segments! I would love to have had it select the whole road. Looks like they got the functionality reversed.

Is it possible to edit the maps online? I have two small segments of a street that I would like to update. My first attempt changed the speed limit for the whole length of the street and I can't seem to be able to select segments and move around the map well enough. I am sure I could do better with a mouse on my computer.

Is it possible to edit the maps online? I have two small segments of a street that I would like to update. My first attempt changed the speed limit for the whole length of the street and I can't seem to be able to select segments and move around the map well enough. I am sure I could do better with a mouse on my computer.

You can run "operate my device" in Tomtom HOME, and then you can use your computer mouse to make edits.

Sometimwes you cant select a small enough section of a road though, I had this problem when trying to name a road once. The sections it allowed you to select were too long, and you cant make them smaller.

Ask a Question