How do I undo a speed limit map correction?

TomTom Model(s)
Go 2535 Live, XXL 540 TM
Hi,

New XXL 540 user here. I was playing with the map correction / speed limit function, and am pretty sure I entered some bogus data. How do I clear it out?

1. I assumed speed limits were entered as points, not entire road segments, and while I was trying to figure that out I'm pretty sure I ended up setting the speed limit to 45 mph for a whole series of broken line segments of the road, as I tried to figure out what I was doing.

2. Now I'm pretty sure my map on that section of the road is all mucked up, speed-limit-wise. The map initially had no speed limit for that road at all, and I would just like to restore it back to where we started, ideally by undoing or deleting the change I made.

3. When I try to re-select the road fragments, even when I find pieces set to 45, the interface won't let me delete the entered speed limit, it forces me to enter a value between 10 and (something big).

I didn't share the map correction, but am OCD enough to want it cleaned up off my unit. I guess I could delete the entire map directory and re-install it fresh...surely there is an easier way.

thanks.

Oops, found it not 2 minutes after posting. It is well hidden though, so I'll leave this here for the next victim to find via "Search."

In Tomtom HOME, one of the MENU options (not the screen icons), is "Tools / Tomtom Map Share / Remove Corrections". That does the trick.

Oops, found it not 2 minutes after posting. It is well hidden though, so I'll leave this here for the next victim to find via "Search."

In Tomtom HOME, one of the MENU options (not the screen icons), is "Tools / Tomtom Map Share / Remove Corrections". That does the trick.

thanks I too played with a section of a highway that I frequently use and was curious how to undo it.

Ask a Question